6 Replies Latest reply: May 12, 2015 3:25 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Language Lessons?

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

It is most interesting reading about MRI comments, but am having trouble with some of the languages they are being posted in!

Could Marriott help us with "Language Interpretation" of some of these recent posts?

Again, just having a bit of a problem reading these many recent posts.

Anyone else having trouble reading these?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Language Lessons?
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

It looks Korean.  It is a type of cyber-attack.  If it posts to anything that you are following or tracking, you will start receiving emails unless you unfollow (It started happening to me).  Unchecked, it could have the net effect of shutting the site down.  I hope Marriott's IT folks can do something about it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I refuse to even touch one of those posts, and NathalieF told me yesterday they are working on a solution so hopefully it will get resolved sooner rather than later.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I agree I don't open either .

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

I don't open these.  But when they post to threads or groups that I am tracking or following (for instance the Courtyard group - see the Groups tab above), then I end up with a slew of unwanted emails (which of course I don't open either).  Then it's not just an Insiders problem, it's a personal email problem.  I can unfollow everyone and everything as well as change my email preferences of course (which could potentially become a bigger pain than any participation is worth), but the net effect is that communication becomes interrupted as a result of having to disable some of the website tools.

Hopefully as the good folks on the moderation team have duly indicated, it is being effectively managed.

CariJ Marriott Associate Member

Hey jerrycoin, our team is working to keep the spammers at bay. We believe the spammers are under control at this point but we would encourage you to not click on or follow any of the spam-type posts that you see.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

CariJ,

Thanks!

I am really trying to get a better handle on English first!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...