5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 5, 2013 10:18 PM by john_thai RSS

Airfare to Thailand & MVC

cinthea Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Looking for some info on airfares to Thailand. I've been looking on Continential and everything is 30 hours with stops in Japan. We'd love to use our MVC to go to Phuket and Bangkok but don't want to spend 30 hours to get here. Anyone have any suggestions?? Also has anyone stayed in Bangkok at the JW Marriott?? I've heard the hotel is nice but the area not so nice. We'd love an adventure but a safe one.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Airfare to Thailand & MVC
    mrvker Platinum

We have stayed at the Marriott Bangkok Resort and Spa.  It was wonderul.  They have a great dinner buffet and wonderful Concierge Lounge.

You mention Continental as your primary choice.  I don't know if that's because you want an award ticket or want to earn miles etc.  All flights to and from Bangkok from the US are going to be in th 25-30 hour range.  EXCEPT the Thai Air non-stops from JFK and LAX.  They are 17 hours. 

I recommend planning for 2 weeks.  Spend some time in Bangkok.  Its a beautiful city.  It also helps you get used to the time difference.  I would by a SEPARATE ticket to Phuket from Bangkok. 

I hope you get a chance to go.  Marriott Phuket Beach Club is my favorite Marriott in the world.  We have been there 3 times.  You won't believe the beauty or service.

They even have two elephants on property that interact with the guests daily.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

floriande Gold
    I like the JW BKK, and the location. But the Marriott Resort is better for relaxation and more quiet.Photos attached (JW, but meanwhile renovated room

lumpster Member
    more than a week is a must...I'm doing 17 days in January.  United had (not sure if they still do) flights to singapore then connections

psl123 Platinum

Grand Palace, Summer palace and old Capitol, bridge on riveer kawi and floating markets are day trips in or near Bangkok. Thai Air is a good AL. Elephant rides and James Bond Island in phuket - hire a car and driver ~<$40 us. pick based on drivers english understanding

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

I stay at the JWM on Sukhumvit Soi 2. Great hotel. Good location to see the city.

There is a kind of sleazy nightlife area just a couple of blocks away, but if you don't look for it, you won't see it.

If you decide to stay for more than a few days, try the Mayfair Marriott on Soi Langsuan. It's an executive apartment so you get a suite and a kitchen. 5 minute walk to BTS (both of those hotels) and an American grocery store (Villa Market) next door.

I fly strictly United via Tokyo. SFO/NFRT/BKK. It's about 21 hours total, including layover at Narita.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...