4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 3, 2010 8:29 PM by lvdude1999 RSS

What Happened

winnypooh Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

The construction and remodel at the Renassance in A-Dam has made this hotel seem more like a 2 star hotel.  It took 5 hours to get the rollaway bed I needed.  The executive lounge was not at all like I remember.  No real resteraunt or lobby.  I hope this is finished soon or I wont be back.  April 2008

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: What Happened
    gregwtravels Gold

I do know that when I was there last year, they said the C-lounge was being temporarily relocated while they built a bigger one.  Hopefully the one you saw was the temporary one, and not the newly built, larger one!

Greg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

radarman Platinum 1 Reviews

Agree 100% -- even after the remodel -- still treatment like a ONE star

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

This is great to know!

Have been staying at the CY, but have to commute.  This is very helpful for my upcoming trip.

lvdude1999 Platinum 60 Reviews

I am not sure what your experience is, but I do note that your comment was placed over 18 months ago.  My experience was entirely opposite.  I lived at this hotel, while I moved to Holland.  The longue, restaurant, bar, staff and attention to detail were top notch for the entire 48 days I was there.  Further, I have since been back, while work was being done on my home.  Sure enough, even with some staff changes, the same excellent service and superb accommodations continue.  I would and have recommended this hotel to everyone I know.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...