3 Replies Latest reply: May 7, 2015 12:17 PM by joshm RSS

2015 Freddie Awards

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hundreds of thousands can't be wrong....that's why the wife and I fly AA, and stay at Marriott and SPG.

And the world's top frequent-flier awards go to ...

What does everyone think of the results? Do they match your personal experiences?

IAHFLYR, erc, vaboywnder, kharada46

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 2015 Freddie Awards
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

For Marriott yes, since I don't fly AA can't say.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

I agree that Marriott has one of the best hotel rewards programs out there.  I haven't stayed at any SPG properties in recent years but am considering giving them a try sometime when Marriott may not be the best option.  I have read SPG has an excellent redemption rate for their points.  One problem with SPG is their hotel portfolio is limited when compared to Marriott and Hilton.  Meanwhile Hilton has one of the worst redemption rate for points.  Currently there is a lot of speculation that SPG may merge with IHG.

http://thepointsguy.com/2015/05/what-would-a-starwood-ihg-merger-mean-for-award-travelers/

In the past my primary go to airline has been Delta but last year I've become frustrated with customer service and changes to their SkyMiles program.  As a result I'm moving away from Delta and have cashed out my SkyMiles to use for travel on Virgin Australia.  In January I was able to obtain a Southwest Companion Pass via a Marriott Travel Package and have been really happy with the redemption value of Southwest.  I noticed they won 3 Freddie Awards this year.  AA does not have a strong presence in my area so in lieu of giving more business to Delta I've been giving more business to United when Southwest doesn't make sense.  When flying United I really enjoy having the Silver Premier Status via Marriott.  The early boarding and Priority Luggage service is really nice.

joshm Member

Thanks for sharing this, ks77.

I would actually be curious to hear more about experiences with Airlines from the community!

I have flown with a handful of airlines and am beginning to look into airline loyalty programs.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...