13 Replies Latest reply: May 12, 2015 8:01 AM by brightlybob RSS

Lack of 2015 Summer Bonus Program?

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

It's now the 10th of May...still no Summer time Bonus Program revealed by Corporate Marriott. They could just be late with the offers or, as many have now concluded, they may have chosen to sit out the summer of 2015. These summer promo's have become the norm. If the marketing team at HQ has decided to stick it to the masses, I think it's a mistake.

My hotel night stays from mid May through mid September look to be adding up to around 60....If there is no Summer Promo offered, I'll switch at least 40 of these nights to my backup chain. IHG is offering a Summer Promo.

What will you do?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Lack of 2015 Summer Bonus Program?
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Just sit and wait to see what happens as we don't really have a huge amount of travel planned this year, but a nice promo could change that in a hurry.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Jsucool76 Gold

+1 to that.

I just read about starwood's summer promo the other day. Not great but at last they have one. lol.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

That sums up my plans as well IAHFLYR. Right now I'm looking at 4 or 5 nights between June 1 and August 30, the typical summer promo period. Even with a summer bonus, I don't see adding much to the calendar.

I've already spent the points for the big trip to Hawaii in early September and most of my focus is on that. I am thinking a little about what I want to do for the last part of the year. Might get another 10-12 nights during the fall bonus.

Summer bonus or not, most of my mid-year travels are already scheduled and booked. If I can earn a few bonus points for what I have reserved, I'll take them.

etw Platinum 5 Reviews

I'm really hoping they get moving on the summer promo; my wife has her heart set on a trip to Europe shortly and I need the points.  Lately I've been having to stay at Fairfield Inns more than usual so the points aren't building up as quickly as they would be if I was in a FS or Courtyard.

7 Platinum 1 Reviews

I've got a month of home leave coming up this summer. As I mentioned previously, I'm planning to go to the west coast, so that will be all hotel stays. I may just end up spending less time there and more time in TN staying with family.

I'm already definitely going to hit gold this year and that is the sweet spot in my opinion. Also, it looks like the region I'm moving to (and where I will doing most of my traveling for the next few years) has almost no Marriott presence. So, keeping my status up isn't a super high priority.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I had a long successful business career and one thing I learned is never give something that you will eventually have to take away. These promotions have been in place at least 6 years all year  so to me its crazy to take them away

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

It's still not too late to see a summer promo. Last year the first notifications came in around the end of the first week in May. Sometimes it's about two weeks before the promo starts. The "official" word we've heard it that nothing is planned. It could be that something is planned and the source of that info hadn't heard anything yet.

I am not despairing the loss yet. In another week or two that could change. Another possibility is that there will be a summer bonus, but that it starts later this year, in which case we won't hear about it until 2-4 weeks before it starts.

If there will be a bonus that starts on June 1, we should hear something by the end of the coming week. I'm still optimistic. I just hope that optimism isn't misplaced.

bubbie Platinum 2 Reviews

Not happy if no summer promo!  I have been loyal to Marriott and would not like to move my business. It seems when people start looking they realize there are greener pastures next door. Marriott, It seems you are encouraging us to check out the competition.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

Apparently Marriott is offering a Summer Promo for those who enrolled in the Ritz Carlton Rewards Program:

Enjoy up to 40,000 Ritz-Carlton Rewards® points.

Stay twice between June 1 and September 30, 2015, at participating Ritz-Carlton® properties and receive 20,000 points. Stay two more times and enjoy another 20,000 points, up to 40,000 bonus points to use on a future stay.

To receive this offer, please enter your Ritz-Carlton Rewards membership number and email address below. Registration is available through August 31, 2015.

http://ritzcarltonrewards.netlinkrg.com/Stay2015/en/?aff=MARUS&affname=7304739&co=US&nt=CJ

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

In the past the promos have been fun and I have benefitted and so has Marriott because I added nights and stays to qualify.  The last few have not been good for me so I didn't add more nights.  It was fun while it lasted.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

IN the absence of a promo it's definiitely time to burn those points, after all we can't be collecting them forever! It's not necessarily dead for summer yet, but indications here on a different thread and over on FT don't hold out much hope. Of course even so, Marriott does have a record of offering mileage linked promos over the summer so those of you with FF programs to top up may still see some interest, provided of course you change preferences to miles earning (not forgetting to change back at the end of any offered promo)

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Earn and burn Bobby!! Wait til you pull up to that hotel in DuBois!! North Central Pennsylvania ain't filled with scones and clotted cream.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Right, now see here Mr painedplatinum, I will be arriving at the esteemed Fairfield Inn DuBois wherein on arrival I will be requiring afternoon tea with fruit, plain and (in a concession to 19th century modernity) Cheese Scones, accompanied by churned butter (none of your colonial whipped nonsense), strawberry jam (made with strawberries and sugar NOT high fructose corn syprup) and Cornish (or Devonshire) clotted cream. All chased down by a pot of finest Earl Grey. Spode China naturally.

Later, as the evening progresses I will be expecting my beer served warm during my evening sojourn to the concierge lounge. Silver service, if you please.

I do enjoy touring the world and sampling local fare, as long as it's exactly the same as English fare

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...