8 Replies Latest reply: Mar 1, 2016 9:25 AM by kcba RSS

Pre-party hospitality room

rmilese Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I want to reserve a hospitality suite (JW Marriott) for one night and use it for a few hours prior to a rehearsal dinner...am I allowed to bring in my own wine & beer for such an occasion?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Pre-party hospitality room
    CariJ Marriott Associate Member

Great question, rmilese. I'm going to do some research and get back to you with what I find.

I'd also like to give you a warm welcome to the Marriott Rewards Insiders forum! Insiders is for members to share their experiences, perspectives and insights, photos, discussions about stays, and ask questions to a network of travelers.

Feel free to check out our Getting Started Guide for tips on how to make the best of your experience with the forum. Always feel free to reach out to me (CariJ), lindseyh, or joshm with questions or concerns about anything Rewards or the site. We comprise the moderation team for the forum and we are here to help.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jamesdean Platinum 1 Reviews

Yes this is a good question.

Im thinking it depends on the property. The other factor is if this is an "event", i.e./ contract signed (so you can get the points and 10 nights credit) they may insist on a consumption bar arrangement whereby you pay the hotel for what you consume, at Hotel prices though.

If you just ask for the Hospitality Suite period, Im thinking you could bring your own alcohol no problem. Most of the time the Hospitality suite is just a Junior Suite (or larger) or two Junior suites side by side depending on how many persons.

All that said I'd be interested in what CariJ finds out.

Cheers, JD

CariJ Marriott Associate Member

Hey rmilese, what property are you're referring to? Our team is going to check on their specific policy.

nhtraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

This may depend on state law. Depending on state liquor laws, properties may be required to provide all alcohol used at an event. That is the case in New Hampshire, where the law does forbid one from bringing their own alcohol in for an event.

Frankly, I'd be surprised if any property allowed outside alcohol to be served at an event being held at the hotel.

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

The ones my firm's rented have required the guest to use the hotel's liquor and bartending services.  This would include some non- Marriott properties and the World Center in Orlando, although I confess to smuggling Coke products into the World Center as Marriott has some type of unholy alliance with Pepsi

Jsucool76 Gold

All marriott properties have an unholy alliance with pepsi, as marriott int'l has an unholy alliance with pepsi. There are some hotels that keep the coke products in the back room. (Sounds sketchy out of context)

I've stayed in a couple where the staff has indicated to me that if I ask for a coke product they'll bring it to me.

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

Black market Coke - that does sound sketchy

kcba Member

We brought in lunch boxes from my bride's favorite restaurant for the bridesmaids to our suite we booked as parents of the bride and entertained them there while they got dressed. We didn't really have a hospitality suite, but it might have been a nice idea if I'd thought of it. I had brought favorite wine from home as well as club soda and bottled water, but Marriott's ice machine was helpful down the hall from our suite. We didn't need room service. The corner suite was wonderful, overlooking the city. The wedding reception was at the hotel and went well for the most part. The cocktail hour then sit down dinner mess ups were due to the wedding consultant we initially booked with being out for maternity leave and replaced by someone who was new to the whole reception thing. Nevertheless, I would recommend a Marriott Hotel Wedding as a terrific value. And I got LOTS of Marriott Rewards points.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...