2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 26, 2015 11:48 AM by CariJ RSS

Silver to Gold possibility?

keepcalmandtravelon Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Hey guys,

Any information or insight would be greatly appreciated. I have an upcoming long term stay at the Marriott Crystal City (Reagan) for 30+ nights. I currently have Silver, but I wanted to know if it was possible to get Gold status during this stay. I believe I will get the Gold status afterwards, but is there anyway I could get a Gold advance?

I tried emailing, but the response I got back was that there are no current tastes/challenges at the moment. Should I try calling?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Silver to Gold possibility?
    rb84 Platinum

Everyone's mileage may be different....but here's the way I would handle it if I were in your shoes. I'd wait until I'm checked in, maybe 24 hours after check-in, then call. Hopefully, you'll get someone who will have empathy for your situation and will either upgrade you or issue a challenge. My experience (except for one time) is that the rewards reps are helpful and I believe its within their ability to honor your request....and the evidence of having checked in for your lengthy stay...may help. If they do upgrade you, visit the front desk to make sure they know. Good Luck!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Silver to Gold possibility?
    CariJ Marriott Associate Member

Hey keepcalmandtravelon, I'd be happy to have our team look into this for you. Just shoot me a DM with your Rewards number and best way to reach you

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...