1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 20, 2015 11:25 AM by joshm RSS

Free hotel room stay phone scam

leener Member
Currently Being Moderated

After recently staying at a Marriott, I received  a random phone call on April 15,2015 saying that I had won a free hotel room stay at one of the 5 star Marriott Hotels and to press 1.   I thoughtlessly pressed 1 And the phone call disconnected.   This worries me as it was my cell phone number and I am wondering if they got my number from making reservations at the Marriott.   Does anyone know if this can cause a problem with receiving more phone call scams etc?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Free hotel room stay phone scam
    joshm Member
    Currently Being Moderated

Hello, leener, and welcome to the Insiders forum!

This is a great place to post the thread you've taken the time to publish, and along with many other topics, this site is home to a large network of information as well as members that are constantly posting and sharing. Insights, recommendations, shared experiences, pictures, you name it!

With regard to your post, this has been a hot topic as of late. and there are a couple threads that already exist pertaining to phone scamming. One of those threads is below, and may have some information you'll fins useful:

Free Night's Marriott Stay Phone Scam

If you have any questions or concerns about the site or the program, don't hesitate to reach out to me (joshm), lindseyh, or CariJ. We make up the moderation team for the forum!

Thank you for posting, and we look forward to seeing more of you in the forum.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...