16 Replies Latest reply: Sep 14, 2015 8:45 AM by mark0200 RSS

Gold Challenge request denied

sweetmaba Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I recently requested to start a gold challenge, and was denied.  I have been silver member since the start of this year, and I anticipate a lot of international travel this May and June and then again in the Fall.  I was told that the Taste of Gold Elite was discontinued and instead I could get gold if I stayed a total of "50 nights".

But, I see posts in this forum that they were able to sign up just a week or two ago....what's going on?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Gold Challenge request denied
    ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

It is possible there was a policy change. I am honestly not sure. Lets see if CariJ, NathalieF, or joshm can assist.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Happy to look into this for you sweetmaba! Hold tight while I dig into this.

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi sweetmaba, could you please send me a private message with your Rewards number and contact info? This will help our team look into this a bit deeper. Thanks a lot!

Jsucool76 Gold

Some people get offered the "taste of gold" challenge, and others get offered the "road to gold challenge"

Taste of gold grants you gold status during your challenge, the road to gold challenge does not. I was unable to get the "taste of gold" challenge when I tried (was told it was discontinued) but the CSR offered me the "Road to gold challenge." You can try asking about that one, or just saying a "status challenge"

If you ever get an answer you don't like (from any CSR, not just marriott) #HUCA (hang up, call again)

60% of the time, it works every time.

ramoneur Platinum

...same here;

maybe the gold challenge genuinely has ceased to exist?

CariJ Marriott Associate Member

Hey ramoneur, shoot me a DM with your Rewards number and I can have our team investigate this for you.

ramoneur Platinum

hi,

thank you for your post; sorry for my late reply;

I seem to be not able to send you a DM...

Hmm. That's strange. I'm sending you a DM now!

ramoneur Platinum

thnx!

just received and replied to your DM :-)

janibou Gold

Hi CariJ-I am also a 20 Year Silver Rewards member who was denied The road to Gold Challenge.by emailing Marriott Rewards. Just tried to send you a DM with my rewards # but was unable

Hey janibou thank you for reaching out! I am sending you a DM now.

zeiss7 Silver

Hi Cari J, I just tried sending a DM now to get help on the same topic.

Thanks,

penguindan Gold

HI Cari,

I know you are popular, but trying to send you a message as well with a similar question.  Any chance you could message me, so that i can reply?

I get an orange bar with no text when I try to direct message you!

mark0200 Silver

Sorry I'm late to the party here. Is the road to gold still being offered?

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

These promos have repeateday called as over, but people repeatedly  post indicating they got the offer.

This may be about approach, calling with a series of stays booked on your reservations indicating you're a previous Hilton/IHG/SPG customer who's trying out the grass elsewhere, or your corporate travel now permits Marriott, or you've got a new job with lots of travel, and is there any shortcut to Gold, as you do have a lot booked and a lot more to reserve should garner an offer of the Taste, or Road to Gold.

OTOH a call saying I just joined a few months ago a and I'd like a promo to gold is less likely to result in success.

One of the Mods, the very nice CariJ has suggested to message her directly. That strikes me as a good idea as by the sounds of it, a quick route to Gold may well come your way. Go for it, I think everyone here would say Gold is where the meat is, though in common with all the chains, the best benefits are to be found at the Full Service brands which in Marriotts case is the flagship Marriott brand, JW, Autograph and Renaissance.

travelingguy1 Gold

Sorry I am late to the post. I have lost and been granted GOLD several times in the past. There are allot of good posts  but I think one of the keys is once you receive Gold once, Marriott will provide you several options to get it back. Good Luck

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...