14 Replies Latest reply: Sep 27, 2015 5:39 PM by nycuws10025 RSS

FYI- Marriott Terms & Conditions Update

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: FYI- Marriott Terms & Conditions Update
    rb84 Platinum

Thanks for posting the link. A correction (probably a typo) to your 'conclusion'...Famtastic rates are NOT eligible for credit.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Wasn't my conclusion just a link!!

rb84 Platinum

AT the bottom of your link there is a section called "conclusion". Within that section the link states that Famtastic rates are eligible. Earlier in your link they are stated as not being eligible.

superchief1 Platinum

After reading the new terms, I am still unclear regarding whether AAA rates (are they considered travel industry) or conference/group meeting rates would qualify for earning points. I use both frequently and will likely change my hotel selection if they no longer earn points.

Jsucool76 Gold

The vagueness is there for a reason. It means they can choose whether or not to stop giving credit for stays whenever they want.

superchief1 Platinum

I just stayed at the JW in Austin for 3 nights on a conference rate. I checked out on Thursday and still haven't received points, so I will see whether this is one of the 'excluded' rates. I received points for my stay last year for the same conference. If these no longer earn points or night credits, I will stay at another chain.

rb84 Platinum

Recently, I have had two missing stays that I had to call MR about and got instant credit. Other stays have been taking up to 10 days. it does seem night and point credits used to hit sooner than they have been at least for me. I seriously doubt they will do away with credit for AAA stays.....if M does away with credits for AAA they will lose me as a customer. Just sayin.

superchief1 Platinum

I just received my MR points for my conference stay at the JW in Austin. I am happy that points are still awarded for conference rates, although I'm disappointed that it took so long to receive my ereceipt and points.

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

I think you're right about AAA and sr. rates continuing to earn points.  Those are a big part of their bookings.  They're getting greedier, not more stupid.

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

I checked out the Rehoboth Beach, DE FI last Monday and was credited with points, nights, and bonus about 40 hours later.

Kind of like our national health care, isn't it?

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I have always got credit for AAA rates. I think they are looking at instances where they have to give a commission to someone

I agree with you, jerryl.  I don't blame them for that, either.  I don't even consider that being greedy.

nycuws10025 Platinum

TVL rates are specifically listed in the rate rules as being non-commissionable.  

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...