11 Replies Latest reply: Jun 9, 2015 6:13 AM by osugrad2x RSS

transfering of points (miles) to usairway/american

wterlizzi Member
Currently Being Moderated

How long does it typically take for miles earned at Marriott to transfer over to my airline? I had UsAirways as my preferred partner program, but when they merged with American, my earned miles did not seem to show up in either program.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: transfering of points (miles) to usairway/american
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Great question, wterlizzi! I'm having our team looking into this now and will let you know what I find out.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

US and AA are electronic transfers. In both programs, they take 48 hours. The MR reps will confirm that when doing the actual transaction. However, you may have gotten caught up in the discontinue of the US Airways DM program??? A few weeks ago DM miles ended and everything transferred to AA miles. Is it possible that your miles may have gotten caught up in that process?

I have transferred to US DM multiple times from MR-48 hours every time. AA several times-48 hours.

Good luck! I hope your miles post soon.

CariJ Marriott Associate Member

Hey wterlizzi, I'm following up on some research that lindseyh was doing for you. Our team confirmed that American opened FF accounts for all US Airways members. Marriott sends miles to American every two weeks so the miles should be posted about two weeks after the stay has been posted to the Rewards account.

Let me know if I can help with anything else! Have a great weekend

tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

Good info on AA. Thats news to me and I will be transferring to AA soon. Perhaps the two weeks is after them rejoining MR. They had been gone a while.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

if you had accounts with both airlines your AA account would be the surviving one with all miles and status combined under American.

wterlizzi Member

CariJ, I had both an American and US Airways FF accounts. At the time I had my US Airways FF # set up to receive points. My stay was back in January and the Marriott's website said that it could take up to 6 weeks for the miles to show up on the airline partner. Well that 6 weeks hit right at the time that they were combining the two FF programs. My stay was not credited to either FF account and on the Marriott's website it shows that it was. What options do I have?

Jsucool76 Gold

Call up marriott and tell them. Or I'm sure a staff member here can put you in contact with someone to get things rolling.

Hey wterlizzi, can you send me a DM with your Rewards number? I can pass this on to our team to look into to.

osugrad2x Platinum

Has there been an update to this yet? Its been almost 4 days since i redeemed a 7 night/AA package and no miles showed up yet.

Hey osugrad2x, feel free to shoot me a direct message with your Rewards number and FF#. I would be happy to have our team look into your missing miles.

osugrad2x Platinum

I just got the points this morning so it appears to be 5 days. I almost missed a flight i had on hold.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...