4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 27, 2015 3:51 PM by randomname RSS

A bad start to a vacation trip due to poor service by Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

ctbill Platinum 11 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

A bad start to a vacation trip due to poor service by Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port   

We waiting over 1 1/2 hours for shuttle from airport to hotel.  This caused us to miss our dinner reservations at the elegant 

Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa

Other customers at the Courtyard told us they had similar experience.   Another minor annoyance is that there were no tissues in the room.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, USA
  • Re: A bad start to a vacation trip due to poor service by Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
    Jsucool76 Gold

Was the shuttle 1.5 hours after your scheduled time, or does it only run on a certain schedule?

If they were 1.5 late to the scheduled time, I would've called a taxi or an uber, and when I got to the hotel I would have told them they can reimburse me for it.

And also, what kind of hotel doesn't have tissues?

Enjoy south florida. Check out the Laspada's Hoagies in Fort Lauderdale, best sandwich shop down here. And you missed it already, but depending on how long you're in fort lauderdale, Tap42 does a mean saturday and sunday brunch. $15 for bottomless beer, mimosas, and bloody marys. Their food is pretty great too.

Also, BurgerFi if you've never been

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: A bad start to a vacation trip due to poor service by Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
    CariJ Marriott Associate Member

Sorry to hear about the shuttle delay, ctbill. I really appreciate you sharing this with the forum. I'm passing your feedback on to our team. If you would like support, feel free to shoot me a DM with your Rewards number and contact info.

randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

The tissues issue is partially due to how room cleaning staff handle tissues.  It appears they grab a few from a box on their cart, then stuff them into the top of the box in the room.  So if the box is near empty, after you've used two or three there's a chance you're out if the box was near empty.  And of course no extra box in most rooms.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...