5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 11, 2016 9:12 PM by dansplan RSS

Free night with rewards card

bluetraveler Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hi, I've enjoyed Platinum Elite status for the past four years and have used the Marriott Rewards Premier credit card for the past two. It doesn't seem that I have received the free night credit this year. How can I verify that and get the credit? Thanks for any advice.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Free night with rewards card
    Jsucool76 Gold

Remember, the free night is not by calendar year, it is by account year. So if you opened your account in say, may, you should then get the free night every may. You can call chase and ask them when your account anniversary is and that will tell you when you should get your free night certificate.

One way to check if you got it would be to simply log into your marriott account and see if it is in your certificates.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jl3549 Platinum

My account anniversary is April 12th, I called Chase - my credit card company and inquired about my free cat 5 certificate.  The CSR I spoke to said they send it to Marriott on the day of the anniversary, but it can take Marriott 6-8 weeks to post to the account.  I checked last year and mine was in the account about 3 weeks later - I wish they would speed up the process, since it has already been "earned."

Jsucool76 Gold

Despite what the CSR told you, I'd bet it shows up around the time your next statement cuts.

joshm Member

Hello bluetraveler!

I'd be happy to look into this for you, if you'd like. Send me a DM with your Rewards # to get started!

Platinum

I've definitely had the same experience - I get an email saying congratulations, and then it takes until the next statement cuts to actually post. I agree it's frustrating when you end up paying for a hotel when you should have the Cert. Seems Marriott could easily fix this process so that the cert POSTS on the anniversary - they just have to have the will to do it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...