7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 16, 2015 10:44 AM by iahflyr RSS

CDG  30,000 or 35,000 with Reservation?

tally Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Hi All,

I am new at this and got "lost" trying to find the answer.  I made a reservation last year (2014) to stay at the CDG Marriott in June 2015.  One night using 30,000 points.  I have that confirmation saved.  Today I noticed my online reservation says 35,000 points (they moved up a cat).

I saw a member's brief reference to "European hotels" on the 2015 List, but could not find an expanded reference.  Are their rules different?  So, will I be charged 30,000 or 35,000?

Thank you for your time!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: CDG  30,000 or 35,000 with Reservation?
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi tally and welcome to Marriott Rewards Insiders! I'm very excited to have you on board, and am glad to see you've jumped in with a great question. As you'll learn, this forum is a great place to pose questions such as the one you've posted here, as well as other Marriott Rewards and travel related questions, stories, ideas, and insights you have. The other insiders are really great, and are always willing jump in and help or engage in conversation. You can also always reach out to myself, joshm, CariJ, or NathalieF with any questions or concerns you have. We make up the moderation team for this forum.

In regards to you question, I'm going to look into this and will follow up with what I learn. Stay tuned!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Tally,

Here is the list of changes.

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/docs/DOC-1871

Since you clearly made your reservation prior to the property being bumped up from a cat. 6 to a cat. 7, I would contact customer support to make sure that they will only charge you the 30,000 points.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Hi Tally and welcome to Insiders.

pluto77 is correct with her reply.  I had a similar situation occur last year when the hotel Category changes took place and the reservation reflected the higher point total however; the points taken from my account had already been deducted and was for the correct amount.  Take a look at your reservation in your account and it will have the Category of the property listed underneath "Summary of Charges" like this:

Summary of Charges

Hotel Reward:  2 Nights, Category 6 Hotel160,000
    Total points for stay:

Just go back to your account for the time period you made the reservation and review the account activity and do call customer support if you are at all unsure.

tally Silver

Thank you pluto77 and IAHFLYR.  I did go to my account (why didn't I think of that?) and they did take 30,000 out when I booked.  So, as long as that stays the same I'm good.

CariJ Marriott Associate Member

Thanks everyone for chiming in. tally, lindseyh had our team look into this but they will need your Rewards number to research further. Shoot me a DM with your Rewards number and we can have our team confirm this.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I noticed the same thing on my upcoming stay at the Mauna Kea Beach Hotel. When I booked it was cat. 7. Four nights + the 5th night free was 140,000 points. That is how many points were deducted from my account when I booked. My reservation shows 160,000 points for the 5 night stay (but no additional points were deducted from my account).

As long as the reservation doesn't change before the stay, everything will be fine. Any changes made now would bump up to the current category. So tally, the best advice is to not make any changes to your reservation before your upcoming stay. Just enjoy knowing you got a great deal.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Absolutely make no changes......and you're deducted points will not change as you booked it before the CAT increase.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...