15 Replies Latest reply: Oct 21, 2015 9:47 AM by iahflyr RSS

MileagePlus Premier® Silver status - Question

brady311 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hello,

I am trying to sign up for the MileagePlus Premier® Silver status with the following link: Earn Air Miles | Marriott Rewards and MileagePlus 

When I click on the enroll link, it goes to a bad link. Any way someone can help me with this? I had to sign up for new mileage plus number today as my old one is no longer in the system. I haven't flown on UA in many years, but have just booked multiple trips on them.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: MileagePlus Premier® Silver status - Question
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Give this link a try and see if you are able to sign up through UA.

RewardsPlus | United MileagePlus | Marriott Rewards

The link you provided sent me to the Rewards Plus page.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Jsucool76 Gold

Try doing it in incognito or private browsing mode. the link worked perfectly fine for me. Perfectly fine up to the point it told me I wasn't elligible. xD But you're a plat so it should be working.

chadken Platinum

Did the United Premier deal go away?

chadken Platinum

I used a different browser and the link worked! United Premier Silver! Free bag!!

jayellefson Platinum

This program is worthless. I just returned from a vacation to Mexico via United Airlines. One of the benefits is supposed to be 1 free checked bag. I attempted to redeem this upon checking in at the desk in the airport and the personal didn't think I qualified. I was excited initially to receive this benefit since I travel frequently. Well, looks like my fancy new membership card is now going into the garbage since it's totally worthless. I sure thought this program through Marriott would really have some worth to it but I guess not. Bull **** program....

ndn Platinum

This doesn't make any sense. You get one free checked bag. I would have asked for another person to check the bag. The program isn't AMAZING, but this particular benefit isn't BS--the person at the front desk should be fired.

jayellefson,

Doesn't sound right at all.  Did you take your MileagePlus card which should have been Premier Silver with you?Regardless, your MileagePlus Account had it been tied to your reservation would have come up with you being Silver at a minimum.

Yep, not the best program if you are only a Silver, but at least you get some perks from UA.

jayellefson Platinum

The gal helping me at the desk asked another coworker who appeared to be a manager of some sort. She said I needed to be Gold status. I couldn't even make an appeal to another employee. I think they aren't clear about the benefits. Yes, I had my card with me. Any way to get a refund?

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/mileageplus/premier/default.aspx

Contact United Customer Service. The rules are quite clear. Silver gets 1 free checked bag.

Mistake wasn't Marriott and the program isn't BS. As long as you had your Silver Card with you, you are covered. If you don't have the card you can give them your United Mileage Plus number and they can look it up themselves.

jayellefson Platinum

Like I said, I had the card with me. Now explain to me how, with my card, I didn't get a free checked bag and that the program isn't BS when I didn't get it.....

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

United's rules are clear. Go to the link I provided. United screwed up. Their policy is that you get 1 free bag. How is it Marriott's fault if United screwed up?

Yep, that Agent screwed up and it's very very clear as John_Thai has noted a couple of times.  Call United CS and have them review your itinerary and have them refund your money for the checked bag.  If you get any flack then I'd dispute the charge to your credit card company.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...