4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 17, 2015 9:32 PM by vaboywnder RSS

Points Redemtion and SkyMall

burbba Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

What's the deal with the SkyMall relationship and Marriot Rewards points?  I just went on to redeem some points and a message popped up saying SkyMall is no longer accepting orders as of April 1, 2015...  They have already trimmed our options for gift card providers, now it seems I can ONLY redeem points for hotel stays.  Please tell me this is not the case!  I'll switch to Hilton immediately, and I'm already Lifetime Platinum with Marriott, with plenty of travel still to come.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Points Redemtion and SkyMall
    CariJ Marriott Associate Member

Hey burbba, thanks for reaching out to the Insiders community. I recently came across this subject with our team and they confirmed that Marriott has discontinued their relationship with Skymall. They were a third party company that supplied gift cards and merchandise.

If I can help you with anything, whether it be clarity on this topic or to connect you with someone from our team for support, please shoot me a DM with your Rewards number and best way to reach you.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

burbba Platinum

sent.  I want to know what marriot's plan is regarding point redemption.  If they are going exclusively to hotel stay redemption that is pathetic.  For those of us who stay over 100 nights per year, the last thing we want is to be forced to stay in MORE hotels.

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

Perhaps you could transfer your points to an airline program. That doesn't help if additional travel as a whole and not just hotel stays are something you don't see as valuable. For most though booking rooms for family or converting points to airline miles and booking tickets for family is an option and they enjoy doing that. Hope you can find a positive resolution.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

burbba,

SkyMall filed for bankruptcy earlier this year which maybe a factor Marriott has ended its relationship with the company.  You can still redeem points for Gift Cards through the Populr shopping portal.  Click on the Link Below and choose the "Spa, Golf, & Dining" Option.

https://www.marriott.com/marriott-rewards/travel_unwind.mi

On a personal note I would advise against using points for gift cards as they are a bad redemption value.  If you have enough points for a Marriott Travel Package with includes 7 nights and airline miles you will definitely be getting more bang for your buck.

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/usepoints/morepack.mi

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...