3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 13, 2015 11:48 AM by mogenshallas RSS

JW Marriott Venice Resort and Spa (Italy)

mogenshallas Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

First weekend of April (Eastern) we did stay four nights at JW Marriott Venice Resort and Spa.

The hotel is located at the man-made island Isola delle Rose (previously Sacca Sessola), one of the largest islands in the Venetian lagoon and covers an area of roughly 40 acres. After being established towards the end of the 19th century,

it previously formed home to a series of hospitals.

The island is 20 minutes by boat from the historic center of Venice, St Mark’s Square, and the city’s cultural gems.

The hotel is operating a complimentary shuttle service to St Mark’s Square.

Basically there is three ways to get to Isola delle Rose island from Venice Marco Polo Airport (VCE). Fastes and most expensive is a Water Taxi from the airport. Most convenient and slowest (2 hours) is the Alilaguna Waters Bus from the airport to St Mark’s Square. See video from the Alilaguna tour: (link)

And then catch the shuttle boat from St Mark’s Square to Isola delle Rose. Link to my shuttle Boat Video.

It’s also possible to take the public bus from airport to Venezia Piazzale Roma (Line 5) and the Waters bus to St Mark’s Square.

Marriott are operating some early shuttle boats from the resort to to Venezia Piazzale Roma. First shuttle boat to St Mark’s Square is at 9 am (per April 2015).

See my short review video (link).

The buildings at Isola delle Rose are transformed into a luxury 5 star hotel and resort with a beautiful park.

Unfortunately due to construction delays – some parts of Isola delle Rose was not be fully accessible. 

Including the Spa and the Dopolavoro Dining Room (announced to open both soon)

I can really recommend this beautiful hotel for those who want to stay away from the crowded city of Venice.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Venice, Italy
  • Re: JW Marriott Venice Resort and Spa (Italy)
    fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

IMG_0051.JPG

Haven't tried the JW near Venice, but we have stayed at Marriott Boscolo in Venice, as shown, and the Courtyard at Marco Polo Airport night before departure. I've often wondered why Marriott has allowed so many other upscale hotels (some international chains, others local) to usurp their tourist attractions locations in places like Venice.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mogenshallas Platinum

Each day, more than 60,000 people visit Venice, so there must be a market for hotels

joshm Member

Thanks for taking the time to share this experience with the community here at Insiders, mogenshallas.

Having never been to Italy, it's really awesome to read threads and see content posted by you wonderful Insiders. These posts help fuel the fire that is my desire to get out from under the boulder I live under and see the places you so eloquently describe in this forum.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...