8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 11, 2015 4:08 PM by conlon RSS

Florida suggestions

conlon Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Planning a 10 year anniversary trip (kid free) in November to Florida For 3 or 4 nights.

looking at Clearwater beach, Tampa bay, Pompano beach or west palm beach- want a great pool area/pool bar, bars/restaurants to walk to and beach would be a nice addition, but not an absolute. Traveling from Boston so would be looking at a direct flight and not super from from airport. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Florida, USA
  • Re: Florida suggestions
    joshm Member

Hello conlon, and welcome to the Insiders community!

This forum is the perfect place to do what you've done here, and that's seek insight as you plan trips around the country, and around the world. This site is made up of a well versed and travel savvy group of road warriors who are always sharing recommendations, insights, photography, news, among other buzzworthy happenings related to Marriott Rewards, destinations, and travel in general.

As you explore the page, you should take a look at our Getting Started Guide. It contains tips and information on how to maximize your experience with the page. Also, feel free to reach out to me (joshm), lindseyh, or CariJ with any questions or concerns you have, be them Rewards related or about the site. We make up the moderation team for the forum and we're here to help!

Regarding your post, I've found some threads that may contain information you'll find useful:

I'm looking for a weekend getaway in Florida that has an amazing pool/relaxed atmosphere to sit around and unwind for a bit.  Any suggestions?

Florida Beach Location

Re: What are the best Marriott Beach Resorts in Florida

Thank you so much for joining the forum and posting. Hope these help!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Hi conlon,

First congrats on your upcoming anniversary and hope we are all able to help with some suggestions.  Also make sure to search these properties and other locations as there are many threads on Insiders to help plan your trip.

Having been raised for some years in S.W. Florida let me offer some suggestions further south than the Tampa area as you are likely to find slightly warmer temperatures and an incredible beach with lovely pool and many spots to dine off property near by.  The Gulf of Mexico beaches for the most part and particularly Sanibel/Captiva Islands, Ft. Myers, Naples and Marco Island are wonderful.

Take a good look at Marco Island Hotels | Marco Island Marriott and see what ya think.  The hotel property is awesome and very tropical.  The beach is just like the one on the hotel website and Quinn's has some pretty good pool side food.

You can fly into Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) and make the 45-50 minute drive south to Marco Island, it's very very easy with very few turns.  JetBlue has non-stops to RSW from BOS as well as Spirit and possibly Delta although Delta might be seasonal.

Another great property is Sanibel Island Hotels | Sanibel Harbour Marriott which is about a 25-30 minute drive from RSW.  The resort is not located on the beach, but the causeway to Sanibel/Captiva Islands is less than 1/4 mile from the hotel.  Also Ft. Myers Beach is probably 15-20 minutes away. 

Then there is the Naples area with Florida Beach Resorts - Naples Florida Resorts l The Ritz-Carlton which would be about a 30 minute drive from RSW.  I've never visited the property just driven by and it is on the beach just not nearly as large a beach as the Marco Island Resort.  Naples as a great number of excellent restaurants within a 10 minute drive of the hotel and noted for fabulous shopping (not my gig).

In general I don't believe you can go wrong along the Southwest Coast of Florida, early November would be a much less populated time as around the middle of the month most of the "snowbirds" arrive in droves with fewer getting to town earlier in the month.

Keep is informed of your questions and plans, Insiders is a great place to learn of others travel experiences.  

doddsy69 Platinum 8 Reviews

ive stayed in a couple of cracking hotels in boca raton the marriott and the renaisance close to resteraunts malls etc

Jsucool76 Gold

Boca raton isn't exactly the most exciting town to visit. I live here. There is 3 things to do in boca:

1. Shop

2. Eat

3. Drink

Well, we also have an iPic which is pretty cool if you wanna see a movie, but that's about it.

marmelade555 Gold

Having been to many of the Florida beach towns, I would say you would be hard pressed to find a more beautiful place than the St. Pete Beach area. The beaches are perfect for long walks and the town has a leisurely, yet not college spring break feel to it.  We love it!

westof30 Platinum

conlon wrote:

Planning a 10 year anniversary trip (kid free) in November to Florida For 3 or 4 nights.

looking at Clearwater beach, Tampa bay, Pompano beach or west palm beach- want a great pool area/pool bar, bars/restaurants to walk to and beach would be a nice addition, but not an absolute. Traveling from Boston so would be looking at a direct flight and not super from from airport. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!

Delray Beach Marriott is a fantastic option.  Google the location and you will see they have a great hotel bar, great pool area with tiki bar.  They are directly across the street from the beach and blocks away from 40+ bars and restaurants. On nights you do not want to walk there are golf cart shuttles that work off of only tips.  Do not stay at the RI that is next door.

If you choose to go here I can give  you more specific information on the bars/restaurants if you like.

Jsucool76 Gold

I haven't stayed at this marriott but I know exactly where it is and I'll second the location. It's right on atlantic avenue which is a really lively fun area.

Plus there's a BurgerFi there....nomnomnom

conlon Silver

Thank you for all the great suggestions.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...