1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 8, 2015 4:14 PM by CariJ RSS

Gaylord National Harbor comments

joesjr Silver
Currently Being Moderated

We arrived at the Gaylord National Harbor Marriott Friday April 3, 2015. I playfully asked the front desk clerk about any free upgrades for a valuable rewards member and was allowed to pick a reward from the "prize box" due to my Silver status and received 1000 points. We did experience a brief delay checking in when we were told the room choice we had reserved was unavailable. He did offer to put us into a king room with a roll away which I and my family felt was not a viable option. He proceeded to work diligently to locate a room to match our original reservation, two queens, and we were on our way. 

We found the resort and staff accommodating and helpful as we explored and enjoyed the property. I was pleasantly surprised by the fitness center due to the abundant amount of equipment that all seemed to be in working order too. My travel experience has come to expect one tread mill, one elliptical and maybe one nautilus type machine in the fitness center and often with one or more machines marked out of order so I was happy my son and I could both enjoy a good workout together. 

Sadly, we were interested in exploring the Pose Lounge on Easter Sunday to consider it for Brunch but when we inquired about taking the elevator up to look around, we were told by the staffer that only those with a reservation could go up. It certainly left us with a poor parting impression of what seemed like a bad decision by her or the manager who told her that was the policy to enforce.

As the area around National Harbor continues to grow and develop, the competition will hopefully benefit the consumer and allow the team to develop a customer-centric mentality on all fronts.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Gaylord, Washington DC
  • Re: Gaylord National Harbor comments
    CariJ Marriott Associate Member
    Currently Being Moderated

Hey joesjr, welcome to the Marriott Rewards Insider forum!

Insiders site is a resource for members to share experiences, perspectives and recommendations, photos, discussions about stays (such as you've done here), and ask questions to a network of experienced travelers that are always prepared to participate and share their insights.

Being new to the forum, don't hesitate to check out our Getting Started Guide for tips on how to enhance your experience with the forum. Always feel free to reach out to me (CariJ) lindseyh, or joshm with any questions or concerns about anything Marriott Rewards or the site. We comprise the moderation team for the forum and we are here as a resource.

Thanks for sharing your experience at your most recent Marriott stay with the Insiders family. It's always interesting for members to learn how hotels do things on holidays like Easter. If you would like me to pass any of this feedback on to the property, just let me know (either here or in a direct message). I'd be happy to do so

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...