4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2008 5:01 PM by lesliepamel RSS

Quick trip to England with child

o2knit Silver
Currently Being Moderated

We are going to be in England for a very quick trip this summer.  We are using Marriott points for our stay.  Two nights at the Marble Arch and two nights at the Tudor Park hotel in Maidstone.  It will be me, my husband and my six year old son.

Does anyone have any info we should know about these hotels?  Places to eat around them, etc.? 

Our plan is to pick a few things to do in London and then do Canterbury and the Leeds Castle when we are out in the country.

Also, we are planning on renting a car to drive ourselves to Maidstone.  Does anyone have any advice on the best way to do that?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Quick trip to England with child
    eiliz4 Platinum 1 Reviews
    The Tudor Park Hotel is very nice and there are plenty of places to eat in Maidstone, but the hotel does have a relatively good restaurant.  The Marble Arch Marriott is convenient for central London but is very cramped, busy and not at all friendly - or at least, to be fair, it wasn't.  Maida Vale Marriott is much better, in my view.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lesliepamel Platinum
    Tudor Park is wonderful- I've stayed 11 times. It is in a rural setting overlooking a wonderful picturest golf course. It is within one mile of a graet 500 acre park which has all the usual facilities. The hotel has two restaurants, a fabulous swim pool and many restaurants close by. The towns of Maidstone and Folkestone are a 30 min drive away, and Ashford has a great mcarthur glen retail outlet mall.

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews
    Depending on your time line, the Marriott India Quay is a great location if you are looking for alternative hotels.  It has easy access to main attractions and is VERY quiet.  They also have some of the bigger rooms available.  I was upgraded to one of the "sail suites" and let me tell you, it was one of the larger rooms I had while travelling across all of europe.  There is a train stop outside the hotel that goes lots of places, a tube stop within a 5min walk and the area itself has lots of character.  The other hotels you mentioned are nice as well, kinda depends on the areas of the city you are going to visit.  I stayed at the MaideVail one a lot as well, its 10-15mins out on the tube but in a more suburban setting that is also very family friendly.

lesliepamel Platinum

Don't miss the 2009 Marriott Rewards awards. Stay 4 nights in ONE hotel and get the 5th night free. 5 nights in one hotel might just be better than 2x2 break in  two hotels-you won't get the free  night that way.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...