21 Replies Latest reply: Apr 23, 2015 2:48 AM by jerrycoin RSS

Paris Marriott Champs Elysees Hotel breakfast- gold member

steads Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hello- Does anyone know what type of breakfast is offered if you are a gold member  

The site shows there are four different types of breakfast ? And for that type, what is included. thank you in advance for your kindness.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Paris, France Marriott Hotels & Resorts Paris Marriott Champs Elysees Hotel
Champs-Elysees, Paris, France
Paris, France Marriott Hotels & Resorts Paris Marriott Champs Elysees Hotel
  • Re: Paris Marriott Champs Elysees Hotel breakfast- gold member
    kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

Hi steads!

Not sure how accurate this information is, but I saw a review that said the hotel doesn't have a Concierge Lounge, so the reviewer (a Platinum Elite) was offered the choice of bonus points or buffet breakfast with American, European, and Middle Eastern foods.

The review seems somewhat recent, as it lists the stay as costing 45,0000pts/night. 

http://upgrd.com/blogs/doublewidesfly/paris-marriott-champs-elysees-hotel.html

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

I stayed at the Marriott Champs Elysees as a Plat (but it'll be the same for gold) last September (2014). I booked 2 rooms for 2 nights on points, one for me and another for my aged mother. Both rooms were upgraded to larger rooms. The CE property is very well aware of the program and at checkin you'll be offered the choice of either 750 points per night OR breakfast in the restaurant. If you choose the breakfast you'll be given a voucher for each night you stay allowing 2 people to take breakfast. Simply hand in the voucher each morning when you arrive at the restaurant for breakfast. Although the voucher states it's only continental you can pick from the entire open buffet which includes Middle Eastern, American, English and French choices, tea and coffee is ordered and delivered to the table. There's also some a la carte breakfast options which are chargeable.

Paris is expensive and hence an excellent place to redeem those points. At the time I booked rates were over €600/night.

Because there was only 1 occupant in each room I was able to choose breakfast for my room and use the voucher for me and my mother, and points for my mums room, which rebated 1,500 points towards the 180,000 point redemption cost. Well, many a mickle makes a muckle!

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

Regret I can't speak about what's available for Gold members here.

We stayed at Marriott Champs Elysees several years ago as Platinum members, and they offered free buffet breakfast for both my wife and me. Since everything is expensive in Paris, we waited until 10:30-11:00 AM to eat and then with the wide selection of food we skipped lunch.

One word of caution, though. In the evening, while it's pleasant to sit in the hotel, lobby lounge and listen to the piano player, if you order a cup of coffee, you'll pay dearly!

steads Platinum

thank you all for your comments.  does anyone have any input for great restaurants that they tried during their stay ?

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

if Jerry Coin is on he will have some

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Thanks for the plug jerryl!

Don't know what budget steads is looking for, so let me share some "Reasonably" priced places.  If there is a desire to go for the top tier, it can be a challenge, since there are so many places there that are "Big-deals, not worth it"!  As far as places to walk to from the C-E Marriott, here are some reasonable places:

KIF_0915.JPG

In the Grand Hotel, next to The Opera.  Dine at the sidewalk cafe, you will have one of the finest views of people, while enjoying a wonderful meal.  Dine outside, if you dine in the main dining room, be prepared for an expensive experience!

DSCN0059_0045.jpg

The Alsatian, across the C-E from the Marriott, is reasonable, especially for the C-E area.  Diverse food, and nice atmosphere.  Just a block, West of here, are two nice places, across the street from each other.

KIF_0958.JPG

There is only one thing on the menu here, steak!  Excellent, a Paris favorite, and very reasonably priced!

IMG_1122.JPG

This place has been shown in a lot of movies.  Real French experience, and right across street from l' Entrecôte!

Lastly, my favorite, if you want good steak, a crowd, and fun, walk up past the AdT, same side of the street till you get to Relias du Venice.  It is just off the C-E, across from the RER/Metro station.  No reservations, and the lines can get long, but a lot of fun, and priced right!

KIF_0893.JPG

Enjoy every place you have the chance to visit.  One recommendation, visit the places you desire to go, prior to dining there!  See the menu, prices, and atmosphere!  If they suit you, GO!  Let us all know if you desire more Parisian dining details!

Location Brand Hotel
        Champs-Elysees, Paris, France
          pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

I agree with Chez Andre.

steads Platinum

wow jerry. most appreciative and humbled by the time you took for your response. my wife and I will review and take your advice. currently I have 2 splurge reservations;
          Le Chemise and Le Jules Verne- what are your thoughts on those. We are looking for moderate but good food hidden gems if possible.  thank you again for all of your help

steads,

Great question, and here is my honest response.  First, not familiar with Le Chemise, but am with Jules Verne.  The Jules Verne is one of the most disappointing places I have ever dined in Paris.  A "Big Deal NOT Worth it"!  Before you go, look up the menu prices online or see them at the entrance to JV, on the South leg of The Eiffel Tower.  The escargot for one was the worst I have ever had, and it was $125 a head!  Need I say more?  The place is a tourist trap for people on expense accounts.  Just my opinion, but based upon the "Rule of the Road",  "You live, learn, and Pay"!

IMG_1627.JPG

Beautiful entrance, but be prepared! 

To me, one wonderful meal, to splurge, is all you need in Paris, and there is one place that you will never forget, if you can get in.  Try during the week, and ask for a window seat.  This is a historic dining experience that has the exceptional charm of any place I have dined in The World.  La Tour d'Argent!  With it's specialty, duck dishes, and views of The Seine, and Notre Dame Cathedral, you will be awed.  Please look it up online!  Here is a sample of the place:

IMG_2320.jpg

Here's a view from the table!

IMG_2322.JPG

The tables are beautiful and the food is diverse and wonderful.  Bon Appetite, no matter where you dine!

There are a couple of good restaurants on Ile Saint-Louis, L'Orangerie and L'Ilot Vache.  French, good food, not too expensive.  They're on the main little drag, Rue Saint-Louis en l'Ile, which is kind of a cute street anyway, worth a stroll, lots of Creperies, plus there's Berthillions ice cream, which everyone loves to rave about.  It's been 3 years since I've been on Ile Saint-Louis, but you can check out more current reviews.

pluto77,

Great recommendations! 

Not familiar with the dining places, but am familiar with Berthillions! Well worth it!

IMG_0559.JPG

This is a wonderful place for ice cream right behind Notre Dame Cathedral.  As you can see, not very popular!  Easy to find!

scomackey Platinum

If you want to try something different how about a full multi-course meal of souffle's!

If that's too adventurous then maybe juste le dessert!!

Near the Place Vendome area:

Le Souffle

36,rue du Mont Thabor, Paris, France

Enjoy your trip

Scomackey

IMG_3981.JPG

scomackey,  Having been here, this is a wonderful place!  You can walk from most Marriotts in the area, and it's worth the hike!  Great suggestion, but I have one better!  The C-E Marriott serves the most wonderful Eggs Benedict one can find.  It may have to be asked for, but they did comp it for Platinum's.  I don't know what the status is currently for breakfast at The C-E, but it is a lovely place to dine, including a nice courtyard!  Here's the dish!

IMG_0535.JPG

This is a great way to start the day!

steads Platinum

thank you again jerry and pluto for the great suggestions.  is Moulin rouge worth seeing at 11 PM ? they are booked for earlier reservations the nights we are available.  is it non- smoking as I am allergic. thank you

steads,

Moulin Rouge, is expensive, especially if you order anything after your minimum.  If you are into this kind of entertainment, go, but prepare yourself, this is a seedy area, especially at night.

I would never go back, and rather use those euro's for The Louvre, Seine Cruise (No dinner cruises), or Montmartre meal!

(Please look at previous posts on Paris, it will really help you out)

steads,

Even though I've never seen a show at Moulin Rouge, I would agree with Jerry.  My Moulin Rouge story goes like this:  We secured reservations through our concierge on one trip, for the 11pm show, as like you the earlier show was booked.  It was our next to the last night in Paris.  We arrived 45-60 minutes before the show, and the line was already 5 people abreast and went down the sidewalk for surely a quarter mile.  After many, many minutes of waiting, the line began to finally move.  I suddenly had an epiphany, turned to my mom and pointed out that by the time we got out of there and got a taxi back to our hotel (metro would be closed for the night, and even assuming that we could even get a taxi with all of those people, and I think we stayed at Rive Gauche that trip) and then got to sleep, it would probably be 2:30-3:00am, in which case by the time we woke up, showered, breakfasted and got out of the hotel, half of our last day in Paris would've been squandered, and did we really want to give that up for the very expensive (perhaps even "big deal, not worth it") Moulin Rouge?  It was immediately clear, No Way.  We got out of line (hadn't yet paid), headed over to Place Saint Michel for a night cap on our way back to the hotel, and never looked back.  Saved a bunch of money, and still woke up early and refreshed to spend a full last day in our beloved City of Light.  I suspect it's a great tourist trap, and no disrespect to anyone who has gone and loved it.

I'd like to suggest another venue.  The brand new Philharmonie de Paris in the 19ème (19th arrondissiment) at La Villette.  It - is - wonderful.  And in my opinion, money well spent.  The new venue is nothing short of fabulous.  You must of course choose a performance in the Grande Salle.  The acoustics are sublime, and they have of course secured world class artists for the 2015-16 season.  We enjoyed a performance by Sunwook Kim (was originally supposed to be Yundi, but he had to cancel) and it was heavenly.  The acoustics were stunningly superb.  Kim's fingers flew across the keyboard and at times it sounded like he was accompanied by a symphony, but no, it was just his piano.  He played Bach, Beethoven and Mussorgsky (the Mussorgsky arrangement was beyond brilliant, simply edge of your seat stellar.)  I can't recall if this new venue was highlighted by sg1974 or arkwright here on Insiders, but thanks to them both!  I can't wait to return!

Here are some images of the venue:

SAM_0251-0.jpg

Outside

SAM_0247.jpg

Inside (very cool looking)

SAM_0252.jpg

Photography during the performance was prohibited.

SAM_0256.jpg

There is a metro station right across the street from the venue.  Porte de Pantin stop on the Orange line.  Also, don't know how much you've seen of Paris, but if you go a lot and have seen/done all of the major tourist worthy attractions, La Villette is an interesting place to spend time.  In addition to the Philharmonie, for a daytime visit, there is a museum of science and industry there, a nice park close by (Parc des Buttes-Chaumont), and one can stroll along the canal quai all the way from La Villette to canal Saint-Martin (interesting with the canal locks) and back to Place de la Republique.  There are restaurants along the way too.  Speaking of Place de la Republique, the 3rd and 4th arrs are wonderful with so many fabulous places to visit.  So much to see and do in Paris.  Enjoy!

Message was edited by: pluto77 Speaking of the 3rd, I've been wanting to try Augerge Nicholas Flamel for the last three visits and have not succeeded. http://www.auberge-nicolas-flamel.fr/ If anyone has dined there, I'd love to hear about it.  The reviews on Yelp and Trip Advisor are excellent, though a handful rated it dreadful. Also, I forgot, but if you like truffles, you will like Terres de Truffes.  http://www.terresdetruffes.com/index.htm There is also La Maison de la Truffe at Place de la Madeleine, which was recommended to us. Has anyone tried Cafe Marly?  I am curious about that one too.  We wanted to dine there the night of our concert, but they don't open until 7pm.

arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews

Hello Pluto,

I couldn't agree more with your assessment of the Paris Philarmonie. It provides a long-missing facility in the Paris (indeed French) musical scene. It also sets new standards which other European musical centres - notably London - should seek to emulate.

I also share your regard for Sunwook Kim. He won the (UK) Leeds international a few years back, and has performed in my own city on several occasions since. I particularly enjoy his Rachmaninov.

All best wishes

A.

Dear Arkwright,

You are fortunate that Kim is UK based, and also that you are relatively proximal to Paris.  He will be doing a concert with a cellist at Philharmonie next February (what a combination that will surely be.) Perhaps someday he will come to Los Angeles.

I am quite fond of Rachmaninov.  I can only imagine a Kim interpretation.

Cheers!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...