15 Replies Latest reply: Jul 17, 2015 5:47 PM by garytx RSS

Corporate Rates no longer being awarded Elite nights or points?

solkua Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

My company's corporate rate has been penalized with no longer crediting those traveling with Elite nights or points for stays as if we weren't even there. Being told that this has ALWAYS been the policy but IT was finally able to fix it to prevent us from earning them. I simply can't believe it. In many cases the AAA rate has been more competitive than our corporate rate, but apparently Marriott is getting tight about it. I don't get it. Most of my department who travels heavily is shifting to IHG as a result, but this is disappointing. Anyone else seeing this affect them or do they feel that we aren't a valued customer?

No elite night credit means I'm losing at any promotional offering as well. This just doesn't seem right.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Corporate Rates no longer being awarded Elite nights or points
    kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

I really hope this isn't the case solkua!  Perhaps our awesome Insiders team could shed some light on this?  What do you say NathalieF CariJ joshm?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

I've been in touch with CariJ but waiting on his research. I had four colleagues tell me they didn't get credit and they were advised it was effective on March 15th. I just returned from a stay with my corporate rate, so I hope to see the credit and that this is just a mix up.

superchief1 Platinum

The only time I haven't received night or point credits is when my room was charged to a central business account for a group stay. If MR points and night credits are no longer given for corporate rates, what good is the program since most of us travel for business. I hope this is not the case or I will definitely switch all my stays to another chain.

CariJ Marriott Associate Member

Hey solkua, thanks for sharing this with the forum. I'd be happy to have our team look into this and help provide clarity. Just shoot me a DM with your Rewards number and I'll pass your information on.

Thanks for the shout out kharada46!

ndn Platinum

I am also very interested in this topic. Not getting elite night credits and points for my company stays would be a deal killer for all future marriott stays, and I have earned 450k points this year...

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

They did this with Friends and Family rate.  In most cases I have chosen a regular rate rather than loose the points.

ndn Platinum

I called today to a support person, who said that only TVL should be affected..but that contradicts this thread. It would be nice to get an easy answer on it--as in, when I book, it says, "THIS RATE IS/IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR POINTS AND NIGHT CREDITS."

ppino69 Platinum 1 Reviews

I agree..The Rate Rules should state the rate does not allow points/nights credit to be earned.

tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

I third this. All reservations now say "You will earn nights and points for this stay-if eligible." This was even on a stay recently at the Ritz in Phulay Bay. I know they didn't participate in MR. IMHO, we should get a definitive statement based on the property and rate selected. Too confusing otherwise. It would be very unlikely for me to select a rate that wouldn't earn. NOW, group reservations add a different dynamic difficult for Marriott to track. Those are made by others, paid by others. We might add our numbers but still be ineligible based on rate negotiations etc.

All, I just got credited with my last stay which was using the our company's corporate rate, so Marriott is crediting on those despite what my colleagues experienced. Sorry for the confusion!

• Re: Corporate Rates no longer being awarded Elite nights or points?
    za855021 Gold

Some Marriott properties does put the TVL rate is not eligible for stay and point, therefore, I know not to book it.

But some properties doesn't put that in the rate rule, I don't get how they won't honor it if they don't put it in the rate rule.

I feel like Marriott should honor the ones they didn't put in rate rules, and start putting them on so people will know when they book.

Here is the example for the ones that put TVL is not eligible,

AC Hotel Los Vascos

Rate Rules

Travel Industry rate, valid ID required, see Rate Rules
      Additional Information

Travel Industry Program - Not eligible for Marriott Rewards
          points or nights
          - Available to active travel agents, wholesale/tour operators,
          incentive company, commercial airline (an airline that is in
          the business of transporting passengers, not packages), and
          Hertz employees, Universal Air Travel Plans, Society of Active
          Travel Writer (SATW) and Midwest Travel Writers Association
          (MWTA) members, and CLIA agents.
          - Limit of 1 room per qualified guest per night.
          - Positive identification is required at check-in. The agency
          name and address must match the reservation, plus another form
          of ID (E.g. drivers license, passport, etc.)
          - Acceptable forms of ID for rate qualification
          - IATAN photo ID card (the preferred ID)
          OR any two of the following
          - Authorization on agency letterhead from a manager,
          calling the travel agency directly for verification
          ARC/IATA listing, business card, SATW/MTWA ID membership
          card, copy of voided wholesaler voucher, employee ID for travel
          industry employees who are not travel agents

cklee Gold 1 Reviews

I agree 100%. Here is Rate Rules for TVL code and in no where it says "Not eligible for Marriott Rewards points or nights"

===============

Travel Industry rate, valid ID required, see Rate Rules

Additional Information

Travel Industry Program

- Available to active travel agents, wholesale/tour operators,

incentive company, commercial airline (an airline that is in

the business of transporting passengers, not packages), and

Hertz employees, Universal Air Travel Plans, Society of Active

Travel Writer (SATW) and Midwest Travel Writers Association

(MWTA) members, and CLIA agents.

- Limit of 1 room per qualified guest per night.

- Positive identification is required at check-in. The agency

name and address must match the reservation, plus another form

of ID (E.g. drivers license, passport, etc.)

- Acceptable forms of ID for rate qualification

- IATAN photo ID card (the preferred ID)

OR any two of the following

- Authorization on agency letterhead from a manager,

calling the travel agency directly for verification

ARC/IATA listing, business card, SATW/MTWA ID membership

card, copy of voided wholesaler voucher, employee ID for travel

industry employees who are not travel agents

Holding Your Reservation

greenit Platinum 4 Reviews

I have a lot of experience with this problem.

Here is the rub, if you use your corporate booking system... mine happens to be Egencia (expedia corporate) you will NEVER get points at Marriott.  You cannot also use customer rates.  As such, I and others, have worked with our corporate policies to allow us to book directly with the Marriott Hotels using the customer / corporate rates.  

Pain in the arse, but we got around it.

garytx Gold 18 Reviews

I continue to get points when using our corporate rate (which is at a single property next to the company headquarters.) When the company books a block of rooms at a Marriott for a major event and bills the rooms to a central account, I get no points for the room (but do get points for things not on the corporate master bill, like the overpriced valet service or individual meals.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...