9 Replies Latest reply: Apr 14, 2015 8:06 PM by savagettu RSS

Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa - Platinum Upgrade Experience

wally3433 Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Staying at this resort in June for a couple of nights, paying cash.  Since there are so many room categories to upgrade to, I wanted to see how many room levels that they typically upgrade Platinum guests.

Also, curious if they have offered discounted cash upgrades to some of the highest level, most expensive rooms?

Thanks,

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa - Platinum Upgrade Experience
    lairdma Platinum 1 Reviews

It's been my experience with Marriott world wide that they will upgrade you to whats available.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

CariJ Marriott Associate Member

Hey wally3433, I'm going to reach out to our team and get some clarification on this. I'll get back to you once I have more information.

fredrow Platinum

I Just completed a stay at the marriott aruba Stellaris staying on points.  I was told no upgrades were available, "we are sold out".  After unpacking I checked  the website and found rooms in a higher class were still for sale for the nights needed.  This came after receiving an email offer to upgrade for a cash per night amount.

As I type, I am staying at the marriott singer island in Florida.  At check in was told no upgrade.  Again I just checked and found upgraded rooms for sale.  Very disappointing, after spending the year traveling for work I spend all those hard earmed points with the family and can't let them experience a little customer service.  I was so agravaged with the manager in aruba I almost checked out to walk next door to the ritz.

CariJ Marriott Associate Member

Hey fredrow, I'm sorry to hear that! I can understand the disappointment. I'd be happy to pass this feedback on to the properties, or, to connect you with someone from our team for support. If you would prefer to speak with someone, just shoot me a DM with your Rewards number and best way to reach you.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip in Florida.

fredrow Platinum

Being that I took the time to express my frustration here, I wanted to also take the time to thank the GM"s from both properties for their reaching out to discuss my concerns.  While not changing my point of view, it was nice to see the concern they expressed for complaint. And the diligence in follow up they have shown. 

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hey wally3433! CariJ and team looked into your questions, and found that room upgrades are based on room availability and are usually determined upon check-in. Upgrades can include rooms with desirable views, rooms on higher floors, corner rooms, rooms with special amenities, rooms on the Executive Floors, or suites. They also found the Discounts are not given on upgraded rooms.

Please let our team know if there are any other questions we can help answer!

wally3433 Platinum 2 Reviews

Seeking replies from Platinum Marriott guests that have stayed at this specific hotel and would like to know what your Platinum status did for you at check in. 

lindseyh and carij - that info you provided is straight out of the Platinum benefits page.

savagettu Platinum

I am a platinum memeber and stayed at this hotel last year (March 2014) on points. I was upgraded to a private villa with its own private pool. However it was during the offseason so the availability may change depending on the time of year. If you are looking for any activities I would recommend the sea kayaking. I booked it through the hotel and it was great. You have a guide that does all the work and you get to go through a couple of caves and see a bunch of islands.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...