6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 6, 2015 11:05 AM by joshm RSS

Earning points on rewards stays

pancake2000 Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Cannot find a consistent answer but can someone clarify if we earn points on incidentals on a reward stay?  Just used (wasted on a property who treated me like a freeloader) 310,000 points and only am receiving points for the room upgrade charge and the welcome 500 points.  Should I have earned points on the $800 I spent on incidentals and food and beverage?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Earning points on rewards stays
    Jsucool76 Gold

Same thing recently just happened to me. Had an award stay, and spent $168 on 2 room service meals and a few drinks in the CL and was only credited for less than half of my spending. Posted a thread here, Cari contacted marriott rewards customer service and they credited points for all my incidental spend.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

You only get points for incidental spends at all Marriott Vacation Club, Marriott, JW, Autograph* and Renaissance branded hotels. So if you stayed at one of those brands just ring Marriott Rewards with a copy of your folio and they'll have the points added. It's easy to do, and a relatively common occurrence on Reward stays!

*exc Autograph Atlantis Paradise Is.

joshm Member

Thanks for such helpful responses, kharada46 and brightlybob.

Your stay sounds like it was less than stellar, pancake2000. I'd be happy to connect you to our team to discuss if you'd like. Let me know!

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

pancake2000,

brightlybob is correct!  Though I'd love to see Marriott give us Elite Night Qualifying credits for award stays like Starwood does...

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Marriott is really holding out on the "award nights count to elite status" movement made by the other major chains. Mind you Marriott has form here, as other chains have always counted qualification on points or stays as well as nights Marriott has always been the standout. With Marriott a night is a night is a night. No qualifying on stays. No qualifying on points. Marriott Platinum is the toughest top status to acquire of all the chains. Of course with the right credit card you get annual elite nights credit AND spending nights credit too. But it still all rotates around nights. And Marriott is still the toughest to reach. I don't see Marriott caving on this one, other than as a bone to throw us in any large-scale scheme reorganisation in the future...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...