6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 7, 2015 2:14 PM by kharada46 RSS

Relaxing girls trip

ally_nola Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Hi I am planning a girls trip in October. I would like to go to a tropical location out of the continental USA.  Where would you all suggest.  I was out of work for two years I am now working a traveling job.  I have not had a vacation in 4 Years. Now I have a ton of points banked.  I am ok with blowing them all for this vacation. I currently live in New Orleans. Thanks for all of your help.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Waikoloa - Hawaii, Hawaii, USA
Grand Cayman
Nassau, Bahamas
  • Re: Relaxing girls trip
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Hi Ally,

My first thought would be do you really want to fly to ATL, IAH, or DFW to change planes for a flight of 8 hours or longer?  If not then I'd rule out Hawaii even though it is spectacular and focus on the Caribbean and places like Cayman, USVI, BVI and see what floats your boat (pun intended) in that direction.  Even though you will most likely require a plane change in ATL, MIA, or IAH depending on what spot you pick, but only a couple of hours compared to the Hawaii journey.

While I have not been to the Marriott properties in the USVI it might be good for you to do some searches here on Insiders to read up on the places others have visited.

Here are a some threads from our trips to Cayman and Scrub Island for you to check out if you like:

Scrub Island BVI

Scrub Island Trip 2014

Grand Cayman

Hope this give you some ideas and I know other Insiders will provide very helpful tips for you.  Keep us posted and enjoy.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ally_nola Gold

TThanks for th quick response.  I have been thinking about Grand Cayman for a while. Your pictures are amazing. 

DO you think 5 days is too much time to spend there?

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

If you want relaxation in Cayman then I'd think four days would be perfect.  Rent a car and drive the island however; it is driving on the left and our steering wheel was on the right which in itself was not a big issue.  My biggest issue was when I used the turn signal the windshield wipers came on as they are reversed from U.S. car manufactures.

And as our local Hawaiian kharada46 says there are some gorgeous spots in the islands, all of them so don't rule that trip out unless it's the day plus traveling.  We love Maui, Kauai and The Big Island each with their own beauty.

There Kyle, ya happy now?

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Your trip sounds like so much fun, ally_nola! It definitely sounds like you deserve it after four years of no vacation! Please let myself or the rest of the team know if you have any questions regarding properties or points. We'd be happy to help! And thank you IAHFLYR for such a helpful response. There is so much good information there!

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

Aloha Ally!

If my buddy IAHFLYR hasn't swayed you from Hawaii yet, I'd like to recommend our beautiful islands!  But, as he's stated, you have to be willing to fly from a few nearby gateways and endure a lengthy flight.  It'll all be worth it though!  Please let me know if you have any questions and/or let me know what you'd like to do on you vacation and I'd be happy to help!  In the meantime, please check out some of my pictures and m Insiders blog:

Waikiki Beach Marriott

Hawaii The Beautiful

Outdoors Maui - Haleakala National Park

Honolulu Spas - Laniwai - Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa Ko Olina

Hawaiian Island Hopping

Outdoors Maui - Ali'i Kula Lavender Farm

Outdoors Maui - Nakalele Blowhole

Courtyard Maui Kahului Airport - Great Base Camp

Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa - 3 Stays in 1 Review

Outdoors Oahu - Makapu'u Lighthouse

Just a note:  the above links feature properties or activities from the islands of Oahu and Maui

Happy planning!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...