1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 26, 2011 4:38 PM by dtravel RSS

Salzburg

travelinglarry Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Salzburg is a fascinating city from which to get the aura of Austria and Bavaria.  After spending a couple of days seeing the many views of Salzburg and visiting the Mirabelle Gardens, the Fortress with the military museum, the Franciscan beer garden, and the many active areas of Salzburg you can rent a car and visit nearby spots such as the Lake District, Schladming (a less well known village one hour from Salzburg with many hiking areas and an excellent trout retaurant - Tetter's - in the Untertal, Hitler's Eagles Nest, the salt mines and the Eisriesenwelt(Ice World).

A weeks vacation would hardly be ebough to see this beautiful area.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Salzburg, Austria
  • Re: Salzburg
    dtravel Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

I am headed there over Thanksgiving with my two children ages 10 and 13.  We are very excited to explore and the kids love art and architecture.  We are starting our adventure in Vienna and then driving to Salzburg.  Is it easy to get around by car?  Any suggestions for restaurants?  The kids are excellent eaters but I would like to try to stay reasonable.  I also have one that is a vegetarian (I realize this may be challenging there.)

Anything we must do and see?  Are they skiing this time of year?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...