5 Replies Latest reply: May 26, 2015 4:33 PM by bejacob RSS

Get back my Gold status

aljishi Member
Currently Being Moderated

i I was having Gold status before and for a medical reason I was away from traveling and now it turns to rgular status which is discouraging to me. I wonder if I could return my gold status with paying certain amount.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Get back my Gold status
    joshm Member

Hello, aljishi

Welcome to the Marriott Rewards Insiders forum.

This site, as you may have noticed since joining, is a wonderful resource for road warriors and casual travelers alike. The awesome and knowledgeable group of people make up this community are constantly sharing travel tips, recommendations, travel insights, as well as photography. In addition to sharing content, they are also extremely familiar with the Rewards program.

If you'd like, feel free to explore our Getting Started Guide for tips and advice on how to optimize your experience with the site. Also, don't hesitate to reach out to me (joshm), lindseyh, or CariJ with any questions or concerns you may have about the anything Rewards or the site in general. We make up the moderation team for the forum!

Regarding your post, I can certainly look into this for you. I'll follow up with more information.

Welcome!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ramoneur Platinum

...cannot you get reinstated to Gold-level by spending account-points?

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Typically the points buyback offer is only good until the end of April. After that the only way to regain status is through stays (or by completing a challenge).

To get back to Gold for a basic level, earn 10 nights (though stays or a Marriott Rewards credit card) to reach Silver. Then either complete a Gold challenge or reach 50 nights.

LuckyCharm$ Gold

bejacob do you know how often they have these Gold challenges?

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I don't think there is much rhyme or reason as to when Marriott will offer a Gold challenge. Sometimes if it looks like I guest will achieve Gold status in the coming year, the challenge might be offered in hopes of increased spending to try to get to (or retain the temporary) Gold status earlier than might otherwise happen.

As for requesting a challenge, most Silver members find that calling the customer service line is all it takes to get signed up. It does take 6 separate stays over a 3 month period to reach Gold, so it's better to call when you know you will have some upcoming travel. I've also heard that if you call during the last half of the month, you could have the remainder of that month plus the regular 3 months to complete the required stays, though I can't confirm this from experience.

I was offered a Gold challenge twice while at the Silver level. The first time, I wasn't able to complete it, but had the temporary status for a few months. The second time, I reached 50 nights a few days before the challenge began and called to get switched to a Platinum challenge. In any case, only one challenge is allowed per year. One benefit is that the new status continues until February two years hence (so if you complete a Gold challenge in 2015, you'll stay Gold until Feb 2017 (even if you don't end the year with the required 50 nights). 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...