3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2015 1:08 PM by CariJ RSS

Has anyone else had a hard time getting their RewardsPlus status added?

suzysharp Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I've been a Marriott Platinum member since 2010 and I have taken advantage of the partnership with United since it started a few years ago. For some reason this year I can't seem to get my status to go through. I have gone through the website multiple times and it always says I am eligible but then it doesn't apply the status in the 7-10 days mentioned. I called Marriott's platinum line and they told me unfortunately they had no control and that I needed to call United. I just got off the phone with United who told me their system shows I am no longer eligible and should contact Marriott. This is extremely frustrating and I do not look forward to the next call to Marriott. Has anyone else had this happen and did you get it resolved? Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Has anyone else had a hard time getting their RewardsPlus status added?
    CariJ Marriott Associate Member

That certainly does sound frustrating, suzysharp. Sounds like a lot of inefficient back and forth.

I'd be happy to connect you with someone from the appropriate Marriott department to get this resolved. Just DM me with your Rewards number and best way to contact you.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

suzysharp Platinum

Thanks CariJ. I was given a number by someone in a different thread and they were able to resolve this for me yesterday. Is there someone I can contact about the whole situation as I do feel that this overall runaround was ridiculous especially as it turns out it was caused by a glitch that was known by Marriott but not communicated. Thanks

CariJ Marriott Associate Member

Glad it was able to get resolved, suzysharp. I can either pass your feedback on to our team (who will send the feedback to the appropriate department), or I can connect you directly with someone to discuss. If you would prefer the latter, just DM me with your Rewards # and best way to reach you. Let me know!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...