5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2015 1:19 PM by suzysharp RSS

free reward certificate

timc182 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I have a friend/relative visiting from out of town and would like to put him up in a hotel. Can I use my free night certificate for a friend/relative? If so, does this require a phone reservation? Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: free reward certificate
    westof30 Platinum

timc182 wrote:

I have a friend/relative visiting from out of town and would like to put him up in a hotel. Can I use my free night certificate for a friend/relative? If so, does this require a phone reservation? Thanks.

I have done this, yes it did require me to use the phone for the reservation.  At the time you make the reservation you can add your friends name to the reservation and you will not be required to be there at check in.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi timc182, and welcome to Marriott Rewards Insiders! I'm so glad to have you join our community, and glad to see you jumping in with a great question! As you may have already discovered, you've joined a great community of well-versed travelers, who are always happy to share stories, ideas, insights and tips. They are also very savvy with all-things Marriott Rewards, and are always willing to step in and help answer questions. You can also always reach out to myself, joshm, CariJ, or NathalieF with any question or issues you have. We make up the moderation team for this site and are here if you ever need us!

In regards to your question, I had our team look into this, and they informed me that free-night certificates are unfortunately non-transferable.

Thanks for posting! Let me know if you have any questions!

jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

ive heard that its a hit or miss. But they are technically not transferable so you need to be in the room. If the hotel isnt too far, just check in, get the keys and just give it to them.

Jsucool76 Gold

+1 to this. If they're staying in your area, just check in with them and it's guaranteed to work.

suzysharp Platinum

You definitely need to be the one who checks in and you should not have a problem.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...