11 Replies Latest reply: Jul 25, 2015 6:07 PM by nmballoonist RSS

No more challenges?

holo Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Hi everyone, i saw that this is a really nice community from reading through different threads and posts and i hope to receive some help from you guys.

I've been a marriott member for about 2 years now and it has been a great experience! i managed to achieve a silver status before i stopped travelling for a year. But i'll be travelling again in the coming months and am looking forward to stay in some marriott hotels as a form of celebration for my fiancee's birthday.

i emailed marriott at online.account@marriott about this and requested to be signed up for taste of gold/platinum but was rejected outright and was told that "We regret to inform you that neither Taste of Elite Challenges nor status matches are available at this time."

However, i've been seeing some posts online about their current status matches and as if right now, i'm not too sure if the management has halted all challenge/taste promotions or did it just apply to me.

i'd most likely still be booking marriott properties as i know from experience that marriott is superior in terms of service and room comfort, but of course it would be fantastic to be able to make our stay more memorable with a taste challenge.

regards,

Holo

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: No more challenges?
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Try calling the MR customer service line. That usually works. There have been a few times that folks have been unable to get signed up for a challenge, but those tend to be rare. Try again by phone and let us know if you are successful.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

holo Gold

hi bejacob, thanks! i will try that and keep you posted

joshm Member

holo,

Welcome to the Marriott Rewards Insiders forum.

You've come to the right place for the kind of inquiry you've made here. As you've probably seen, this site is a wonderful resource for road warriors and casual travelers alike. The awesome and knowledgeable group of people make up this community are constantly sharing travel tips, recommendations, travel insights, as well as photography. In addition to sharing content, they are also extremely familiar with the Rewards program!

If you'd like, feel free to explore our Getting Started Guide for tips and advice on how to optimize your experience with the site. Also, don't hesitate to reach out to me (joshm), lindseyh, or CariJ with any questions or concerns you may have about the anything Rewards or the site in general. We make up the moderation team for the forum!

Regarding your post, happy to help. Shoot me a DM with your Rewards number and the best way to reach you. From there, I can get you connected with our team such that we can see what your options are!

Thanks for taking the time to post, and again, welcome to the forum!

holo Gold

hi joshm! thanks for your offer, i will try bejacob's suggestion first, and will drop you a PM if it fails

joshm Member

Awesome. Sounds good, holo!

holo Gold

Hi Joshm, have dropped you a DM , eagerly awaiting your reply

joshm Member

Thanks for the heads up, holo,

I sent you a response!

nmballoonist Platinum

Joshm

I tried DMing you with this, but for some reason it does not seem to work.

I would like to ask for some clarification based on other MR Insider posts.  I am currently Gold Elite and have 53 nights and will have 65 nights by the end of July.  Based on posts, I called the MR customer service number and asked about getting a Taste of Platinum so I could try the rewards while I am on my way to platinum this year.  The representative seemed taken back that I knew about the program and looked at my info.  She said that the Taste of program was by invitation only and that it was very unusual for the Taste of Platinum to be offered and said she couldn't assist on this.  This seems at odds with what has been posted.  I was hoping to get the three months before I would likely qualify since I have bookings starting tomorrow and the end of July, with a couple more to be made.  I am not interested in the Challenge since I will likely qualify on my own, but was looking at the Taste of to get me a few months before I made my 75 nights.

Can you clarify the qualifications for the program.

Thanks

Rod May

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Try calling again. Rather than ask for a "Taste of Platinum," just request a Platinum challenge. You may get a rep who will help. To achieve the challenge, you would likely need 9 separate stays over a 3 month period. Odds are that if you are able to get signed up you would not be granted Platinum status until you complete the 9th stay, but depending on how soon that happens, it might be before you reach 75 nights.

Essentially where I think the confusion lies is in the name of the challenge. The "Taste of Platinum" is only by invitation, but the "Road to Platinum" can often be requested. The only real difference is that for the invitation only "Taste" status is granted on a temporary basis which is retained by meeting the challenge terms while the "Road" only gets status after the challenge is met.

By not naming the challenge and just asking for a Platinum challenge, you likely have a better chance of getting signed up.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

CariJ Marriott Associate Member

Hey nmballoonist, try sending me a DM with your Rewards number by hovering over my name/icon and clicking "direct message". Let me know if you are still having trouble. bejacob is correct, you can always call again and rephrase your question.

If you can send me your Rewards number, I can have our team see if you are eligible for the Platinum challenge

nmballoonist Platinum

CariJ

Thanks for the assistance.

For others on the forum, bejacob had the right answer.  However with the points I have and the booked nights, I will reach the 75 nights before having the additional 9 stays.  So while CariJ offered to get me enrolled in the challenge, I declined as it did not offer me any advantage.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...