5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2015 3:21 PM by clark3 RSS

Downtown Charleston, SC

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Thinking of a quick trip to CHS and having never visiting this southern historic city and curious what is the best Marriott property to stay?  We enjoy walking to everything so that will make a difference in the location as well as love having a balcony off the room.

Help!!!!

Thank you in advance as well as any other suggestions for the city.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Charleston, South Carolina, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Charleston Downtown/Riverview
Charleston, South Carolina, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Charleston Marriott
Charleston, South Carolina, USA Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Charleston Historic District Hotel
  • Re: Downtown Charleston, SC
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

best, and best located, Marriott property is Renaissance.  Two of our favorite restaurants are Shem Creek Bar and Grill (shrimp and grits if my favorite) and Bessingers BBQ, where, IMHO, it's all good.  Enjoy your trip.  be sure and visit the USS Yorktown at Patriot's Point.  Best beach is, again in my opinion, Kiawah Island.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

johnir Gold

My wife and I just got back from staying at the Courtyard Historic District.  Points stay.  It is above the real Historic District and below the dining area on King Street.  Very central to everything.  The best part of the whole stay was meeting Kevin McQuade, who along with his assistant Andrea, runs the best concierge service I have ever been exposed to.  I was absolutely stunned by their detailed knowledge and depth of the city.  Not a bad recommendation during our 7 day stay.  I would recommend getting on Tripadvisor and checking out that location.  Note, regardless of the rate, there is an $18/day parking fee.  Well worth it.  No free breakfast, but the Bistro was adequate - ate out most of the time.  I believe the Spring tourist season has started, so I have no idea of their pricing, but we paid 35K/night in points.  If you want the best steak you have ever had, try Hall's Chophouse.  We lucked out walking in, but I would suggest a reservation.  And, of course, Fort Sumpter.  Good luck.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Thanks for the info kids.....taking it all in.

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

The Charleston Marriott was one of the most disappointing FS Marriotts where I have stayed.  The staff was excellent but the building was very tired and the food (in both the CL and the dining room) was really a letdown.  On top of that, the hotel is not really within walking distance of much! 

clark3 Platinum

stayed at the Renaissance (the smallest one in the Marriott chain)--nice enough-close to King Street--easy to walk around.  Three good restaurants are: not in any specific order, Halls  Chophouse, McCradys and Charleston Grill.   enjoy---didn't have a CL--took the points

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...