10 Replies Latest reply: Mar 31, 2015 1:49 PM by di,la448 RSS

Marriott in Cayman refuse to provide requested bed accommodation...

dimka448 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Posted in another forum - Marriott Rewards, but was not sure if it is correct one. Sorry for re-post...

Interesting situation. Booked Grand Cayman Marriott 8 month ahead for spring break stay. 4 people. We leaving for our vacation in 5 days. Just got an email from Marriott stating that they can not assign me a double bed room - only room with king size bed and sofa bed. This accommodation will not comfortably fits us - my wife, myself and our two daughters (15 and 10 yo). Sofa bed can't fit two people. My inquiry for roll away bed was not answered.

Any suggestions how to handle this situation? We are Marriott silver rewards member and staying in various Marriott and Ritz properties multiple times, but it is a first time we encounter such situation... I understand that this is a spring break, but still... Do they really want me to sleep in the lobby?

Again, we booked hotel 8 + month in advance and requested 2 double bed accommodation.. For all worries and aggravation we are not really looking forward going to this hotel...

Your advise is appreciated..

Thanks,

DG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Cayman Islands
marriott
Grand Cayman Marriott
  • Re: Marriott in Cayman refuse to provide requested bed accommodation...
    randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

Take an air mattress.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Do you have the reservation that shows your bedding preference being guaranteed?

vickisocal Platinum

The OP is silver. No guarantee.

dimka448 Silver

They offered an air mattress. My daughters are not happy at all...

jamesdean Platinum 1 Reviews

Talk to the Front Desk staff when you arrive, they are fabulous and will do everything in their power to make sure you are happy & accommodated no matter what your Elite stays is.

I've stayed on this property a lot and as recently as early March for a week, I can almost guarantee you will be pleased.

BTW the hotel has had a total make-over and its a very very nice to spend property your spring break.

All the best.

JD

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

So as a Silver you don't get this in your reservation confirmation if you were to select a King Bed in your Room Preferences section of your profile?

Room Preferences

This hotel has a smoke-free policy

• Guaranteed:1 King Bed, Non-Smoking Room.

di,la448 Silver

Nope, I have:

Sold out/Not guaranteed:

1 King Bed, Non-Smoking Room

vickisocal Platinum

Nope. And I have to say, when people say there's no benefits for G/P there ignore the little things like this that they are getting and not thinking about.

Guaranteed Room Type

When making a reservation, be sure to note both your Marriott Rewards membership number and room/bed preferences. At locations throughout the U.S. and Canada, we'll always honor your bed type request. Outside U.S. and Canada, smoking/nonsmoking preferences are honored based on availability; exact bed sizes may vary. If guarantee is not met, guest compensation applies. [GOLD/PLATINUM]

di,la448 Silver

Agree, but we only travel 4-5 times a year and we are staying not only in Marriott, so it is not easy justify maintaining gold/platinum status. I have Marriott credit card, but could not commit myself to get Ritz card for $395 just to get the gold status.

2travelforever Platinum 1 Reviews

We were there in December. What ever issue we had, they went out of their was to correct. The staff I'd very helpful and goes the extra mile to please.  it is a great place to stay.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...