8 Replies Latest reply: Mar 30, 2015 1:57 PM by CariJ RSS

Are Platinum benefits accesible with awards travel?

adanza Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am planning a vacation using my rewards points for a stay in either London or Paris.  I am a Platinum member and am curious if my Platinum benefits will still apply if I only use points for the room?

will I have the opportunity to receive a room upgrade?

will I still have access to Concierge Lounge?

will I still be treated well at a European Marriott if only using points (specifically Paris??)

I have been unable to find the answers on the Marriott website.

thank you for the help!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Are Platinum benefits accesible with awards travel?
    jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

i have stayed at many hotels including in Europe on points and have been upgraded and treated as any other platinum. Next week I am going to Aruba and used points and have been already ungraded to an ocean view

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

one more point I stayed at CE Marriott and REN arch on points and neither have concierge but I did get the free breakfast

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

I have stayed on points and been upgraded.  I have never been treated any differently because I was on points.  There was a post a few months ago by a traveler who was told by a hotel manager at a Fairfield Inn in NC that getting an upgrade while on points was double dipping, but this seems to be a rare exception.

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

I've always gotten all my benefits while staying on points - no problem!

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Platinum benefits are available on all stays, whether in cash or points. I redeemed points for a stay at the Marriott Champs Elysees a coupe of years ago and received the plat arrival gift, upgrade to a Champs Elysees view suite and free breakfast, and my points on incidentals.

I would also add that stay benefits are available whenever you stay at marriott, even if you didn't book it via Marriott. I won a Marriott weekend voucher at the Rive Gauche. When I rang up in accordance with the voucher and made the booking I asked my MR# be noted on the reservation and received the arrival gift, exec lounge access, upgraded room and free breakfast in the restaurant.

TO my mind, one of the strongest points about the program is the consistency of delivery of Plat/Gold benefits, I see no discernible difference between award/cash/voucher stays, Gold/Plat benefits are always honoured.

sewettav Platinum 1 Reviews

We are lifetime platinum and have been for sometime.  I have had mixed experience with receiving platinum benefits when staying on points and or paying.  We have always received upgrades on International travel regardles of payment status, however, can't say the same for domestic travel.  Even when upgrades are requested thru gm email or conceirge emails, the upgrades were not received and the hotels were not booked at the time.  I can even say this has occured with all categories of Marriott hotels that we have used.   I always request an upgrade when using points and when paying because of my experience, however the results are not consistenet.  I always respond with a complaint letter after complaining to the staff. I must say that most of the time we have received the upgrades, however, I can't say the platinum benefit is honored all the time, even for lifetime platinum.

CariJ Marriott Associate Member

Hey sewettav, that's no good! If there are specific domestic properties that we can pass this feedback on to, I'd be happy to help. Just shoot me a DM with more details and I can pass it on to our team.

CariJ Marriott Associate Member

Hey adanza, Platinum members should receive all benefits regardless if the stay is booked with points. Thanks everyone for chiming in! You guys are always spot on.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...