5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 30, 2015 3:09 PM by eyesee RSS

Can I do anything with 3,362 points?

eyesee Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hello and thanks for your interest.

My mom had been ill and cannot travel anymore.  She has 3,362 points in her account.  They cannot be transferred to me because I am not a spouse.  Any ideas on how to use the points?  Is it possible without purchasing more points or getting a credit card?

Thanks for your help.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Can I do anything with 3,362 points?
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi eyesee, these are great questions that I'm sure others would be interested to learn about as well. I'm happy to look into options for you! Hold tight and I'll see what I can find. Sending well wishes to you and your family!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

eyesee,

Welcome to Marriott Insiders!  Unfortunately that is not very many points when it comes to redemption options.  The minimum amount of points required for a Category 1 hotel is 7,500 and needless to say Category 1 hotels are also very rare.   The only reward I see available for that amount of points is a Marriott $5 E-Gift Card which is available for 2,500 points through Populr Rewards.

To access the portal for Populr Rewards click on the link below and then choose "Shop Populr Rewards"

Marriott Rewards Points | Redeem Marriott Rewards Points

eyesee Platinum 2 Reviews

Thank you for your response.  I appreciate your effort and creativity to research this for me and for the link.

I was hoping for another option besides the $5 gift card.  Converting points into these gift cards seems a waste, but as you said, that is the only way to go in this case.

I wish Marriott would allow transfer of points between family members, not just spouses. 

Thank you again!

CariJ Marriott Associate Member

Hey eyesee, lindseyh had the team look into your options and here's what they found. You can go to the Marriott website and click on "Shop Marriott". The other option is to donate the points to The Children's Miracle Network. If you'd like to donate the points, you can email or call Marriott. Let me know if we help with anything else!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...