0 Replies Latest reply: Mar 25, 2015 8:38 AM by upsetcustomer RSS

Marriott Rewards being pulled

upsetcustomer Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I'm wondering why after so many years and such loyalty to Marriott they have decided to invoke the "29 travel industry rate" clause that does not allow customers who get the travel discount on the room rate to receive Marriott Rewards. I have over 638 stays with Marriott a Platinum Elite Member and I will no longer be able to get reward points if I'm given a discount because I'm a loyal customer. I understand not giving the points to the people that book through priceline, hotels.com and so forth. But when we book a hotel directly with Marriott we should be given the same respect as the people that are getting the regular rate. That is one of the reasons why I have stayed loyal to Marriott over the years, because I travel a lot and they reward me for being loyal. Unless this "29 travel industry rate" changes there's no reason to be loyal. I wonder if the Hyatt Golden Passport would do this to their members.

Loyal customers, let Marriott know you are unhappy and will move to another company if this does not change back to the way it was.

Upset Loyal customer

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...