5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 31, 2015 11:39 AM by westof30 RSS

Customized welcome gift?

kgchemist Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

At a recent stay (Houston downtown JW), the bell service delivered a "welcome gift" of a bottle of wine and cufflinks with the logo of my alma mater.  The cufflinks were quite a surprise.   Is this something new?  Is Marriott researching guest's social media footprint to better customize benefits?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Customized welcome gift?
    sukeethu Member

That sounds weird ! Researching guests social media

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

Hmmm that is weird. If it were just cufflinks that would be one thing but ones of your alma mater? That's bizzare, unless someone called ahead and knew you were staying there and had it set up possibly?

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Whoa, I have never heard of anything so customized like that before! I'll reach out to our team and see if welcome gifts like this can be expected from JW properties moving forward.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I'd rather not have Marriott nor any other commercialized entity be able to determine where I went to school or any other similar information.

westof30 Platinum

I like the idea of specialized gifts, but the idea of how and where they get or share that information is scary

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...