3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 7, 2015 6:37 PM by jgreenhill RSS

Barcelona Hotel options

kktraveler Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Hello

I'm looking at the Renaissance Barcelona near the Passeig de Gracias ( not near Airport) for a 3 night stay pre cruise in June.

I booked an executive room which includes "breakfast".

In the meantime my nephew who was in Barcelona last year with his wife celebrating an anniversary said this hotel was "terrible".

They stayed at the Majestic which i considered but due to the large cost difference, I chose the Renaissance. I'd really welcome any comments

from recent guests to this hotel.

Thanks in advance

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Barcelona Hotel
  • Re: Barcelona Hotel options
    bocagrlz Platinum 2 Reviews

We've stayed at this Renaissance many times pre and post cruise.  The location is excellent and close to most of the historical sites.  The rooms were spacious for a European hotel.  Many good restaurants closeby.  My only complaint was that as a platinum member, the morning breakfast  has now been moved to the bar area (with very few items) instead of a full breakfast in the restaurant.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jgreenhill Silver

I Stayed there twice. Once as the Renaissance and the first time it was then called the AC Diplomat. Inside has changed dramatically and they have lost the roof top pool. Unfortunately the staff attitude seems not to have changed.

jgreenhill Silver

Sorry l meant to say there is another Renaissance at Europa Fira which is excellent and I am going back there in a few weeks. Slightly further out but the metro is yards away and with the euro day ticket very handy for the city. Roof top pool and bar and views are stunning.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...