8 Replies Latest reply: Mar 26, 2015 11:50 AM by 30marine RSS

Marriott Packages what is Marriott thinking.

30marine Gold 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

This weekend we discovered that the customer now has to take action to receive benefits from a Marriott Package, The Romance (Couples Getaway) Package.

Our romance offer includes:

• Overnight accommodations
• Champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries
• Breakfast for two at the Fairfield Inn restaurant
$50 credit towards dinner at the King's Wharf Restaurant

There have been some changes in this package:

Old way; the waiter at the King's Wharf Restaurant would deduct the $50.00 credit from your bill.

New way: you the customer must go to the front desk to receive their $50.00 credit off their bill.

Do you feel that you the customer should have to go to the front desk to insure that you receive everything that you paid for in a package are received?

This is NOTcustomer Service.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Packages what is Marriott thinking.
    chris0311 Platinum

I guess it is like the food and beverage discount. You don't always receive it on your initial bill so you have to ensure that at the end of your stay the front desk combs through all the receipts and applies it. I think it would be better customer service if it was applied initially but I guess the way the system works now the restaurant does not know you re on a special package. I wasn't around for the old way but I can understand your frustration

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

You are absolutely right. A package offered by them and purchased by you should simply be taken care of without any effort on your part. If they offer a package, they should be able to effectively fulfill and bill that package. You should not have to chase down items promised as part of a package nor need to ask for discounts to be applied.

CariJ Marriott Associate Member

Hey 30marine, thanks for sharing. I'd be happy to pass this feedback along to the property. If you'd like me to do so, shoot me a DM with the property details.

30marine Gold 1 Reviews

CariJ:

I gave my comments to the front desk and I acknowledged that they had no control over the new policy and were not at fault and did not have to apologize. I asked them to advise the proper authority. I put the comments in the Hotel Review at the Marriott and on the Hotel Review that I was sent over the computer. If the Hotel Reviews are read and suggested improvement are implemented this issue will be resolved.

Thank you

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Did you have to track down the Champagne and Stawberries as well, I bet not?  So why then should you have to track down the $50 credit? 

Frustration understood, package NOT understood and the property needs to know this is not appropriate at all.

30marine Gold 1 Reviews

IAHFLYR:

You are correct I did not have to track down the Champagne and Strawberries. I advised the front desk and put my concerns in the hotel review at the property and on the Review I received on the computer. We will see, I am returning in May foranother getaway weekend.

Thank you.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...