4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 20, 2015 7:39 PM by jerryl RSS

Madrid AC Atocha vs Carleton

tamaramunoz Platinum 11 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have a reservation at the AC Hotel Atocha coming up next month. I was looking for more info on the hotel, but the link here on the Insiders site seems to be broken: (http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/hotels/madat)

From what I gather, breakfast is not included as a Platinum benefit at any of the AC hotels. Can anyone confirm this? So, if I want breakfast included, I have to choose a Stay for Breakfast Rate?

Also, does anyone have an opinion on which would be preferable between the AC Atocha and AC Carleton? I'm assuming neither of them come with breakfast.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Madrid, Madrid, Spain AC Hotels by Marriott AC Hotel Atocha
Madrid, Madrid, Spain AC Hotels by Marriott AC Hotel Carlton Madrid
Madird, Madrid, Spain
  • Re: Madrid AC Atocha vs Carleton
    7 Platinum 1 Reviews

I've had mixed results at AC Hotels (and haven't stayed at any Madrid.) Of the four I've tried: One gave me a complimentary mini-bar and continental breakfast. One gave me just the mini-bar and two gave nothing at all.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tamaramunoz Platinum 11 Reviews

That's kind of what I've been hearing. Right now I'm holding two reservations, one Stay for Breakfast rate and another without while I decide if it's worth it to pay the extra. I'll be working, so convenience is high priority. On the other hand, I don't want to pay such a huge difference in rate just to get breakfast!

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

I've stayed at the AC Recoletos twice.  I like that location better than the Atocha or Carleton which are both closer to the main train station.

I haven't received a free breakfast either time.  Did have free mini-bar both times.

Here are photos and my comments from both stays:

Re: Madrid, Spain - AC Recoletos

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I stayed at the Recoletos and love the location . Very near museums and park. I only stayed one night and I received nothing extra

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...