5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 23, 2015 7:17 AM by laurac RSS

Wonderful personal touch to check in

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I wish to nominate Sarah at the Courtyard Fairfield Napa Valley Area.

At my arrival, she had prepared a small gift bag of local products including the candy for which Fairfield, CA is famous -- Jelly Belly jellybeans. What really made it special was the handwritten note inside thanking me for choosing to stay at this property. This CY is a category 2 property, but the check-in experience was better than many locations with categories far higher.

It may be a small gesture, but Sarah took time to write this note and prepare the gift bag before I arrived. A verbal thank you is nice. A written one takes customer service to the next level. Sarah deserves to recognized for her thoughtfulness with a Spirit to Serve award.

• Re: Wonderful personal touch to check in
    ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

See people!? There are great front desk staff out there! I know that I personally (and many here on MRI) get tired of hearing about the negatives at Marriott. It is great for someone to be recognized for their good service!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Completely agree, but bejacob don't eat all the jellybeans at the same time.  Great story and give Sarah a high five for us all here on Insiders.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

The factory tour that they give at Jelly Belly is fun.  You get samples, of course.  The tour ends in the gift shop .

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I agree. It's been quite a few years since I took the tour (2003, maybe). The day I visited, the smell of lemon jellybeans pervaded the factory. Good thing it was a flavor I like.

laurac Marriott Associate

Greetings, bejacob, On behalf of Marriott associates around the world, we take pride in providing exceptional service for each and every guest and we appreciate you taking the time to nominate this Marriott associate for this important award. We’ll enter this nomination for consideration of the Spirit to Serve award.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...