5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2016 10:12 PM by homoviator RSS

Renaissance St Louis Airport

waverunner Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Sometimes I wonder why Marriott keeps the Renaissance hotels under it's umbrella.  It seems they don't operate with the same standards as the rest of the Marriott hotels.  Noticeably, they do not treat the Marriott Reward members as nice as the other hotels.  Recently, we had the most unpleasant experience at the St Louis Airport Renaissance hotel.  It seems that they prefer groups/customers who have a contract with the hotel and allocate the best rooms for them.  For individual customers - even if you are a Marriott Platium Elite member, they don't treat you with respect. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
(1) St Louis Airport, (3) Renaissance St Louis Airport
  • Re: Renaissance St Louis Airport
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I disagree that Renaissance doesn't operate with the same standards as other Marriotts. I've always been treated exceedingly well at every Renaissance in which I've stayed (none of which I had visited before my visit).

All guests deserve to be treated with respect. It's hard to know why you weren't. My last visit to StL was at the Renaissance Grand downtown. I had a fantastic stay. For me, that is the norm at all Renaissance properties.

I know were I in your shoes, I wouldn't want to stay at that particular property again. I don't know if I would assume that all Renaissance locations are bad. Now if I continued to have bad experience, I would probably reconsider. I hope your next stay (Renaissance or otherwise) is much better.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

CariJ Marriott Associate Member

Hey waverunner, sorry to hear that. If you want to shoot me a DM with the details of your experience, I can pass your feedback on to the greater team. Thank you for sharing!

semihappywanderer Gold

I have stayed there, as has my husband. Our daughter is in school in Missouri, so we usually stay either there or the Marriott across the highway if we have an early flight home. I like both. I just stay wherever it's cheapest. I'll be staying there again next month and for $84 AAA rate you really can't beat it.

superchief1 Platinum

I've stayed at this hotel many times and have had pretty good experiences overall. However, there does appear to be some inconsistency. On my last stay, a gentlemen checking out was very upset with the hotel and vocal about it. I'm not sure what issues he had but would definitely not stay there again.

homoviator Platinum

I'm going to be giving this place a shot.  It's $60 cheaper than the marriott down the road.  I'm hoping that most people have enjoyed it and just haven't posted the positives. I hope I can provide a more positive experience.  It seems that a lot of the reviews on their Marriott page are more optimistic and indeed positive.  I'll report back in April.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...