3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 16, 2015 12:45 PM by jl3549 RSS

Benefits Question

cngoode Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Question: If you are guaranteed a room type and it is not given, aren't you supposed to be compensated $100. per policy stated as stated in membership benefits? This has happened to me twice at the Macon City Center Marriott and I even gave the front desk a copy of my room reservation and the policy off of the Marriott website, only to be ignored.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Benefits Question
    joshm Member

Hello cngoode,

Thanks for taking the time to share this question with the Insiders community. It's the place to do so!

I'm going to check into this for you. In the meantime, I've posted the T's & C's around guaranteed room type, below:

1. Guaranteed Room Type: Guaranteed priority for your requested type of room. Subject to availability at participating locations worldwide when your qualifying Elite level and specific preference are noted on the reservation for your stay. (Pillow, room location, extra bed, crib requests, etc. are not included in Guarantee.) Outside U.S. and Canada: smoking/non-smoking preferences may also be given priority, based on availability; exact bed sizes may vary and only Platinum members will have guaranteed priority for your requested type of bed and room. Not available at Marriott Vacation Club.

I'll follow up with whatever I can find out!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nhtraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

Hi CN - My recollection is that the $100 is if they are booked and unable to accommodate your reservation and have to send you to another hotel. I may be wrong, but that is my recollection of the policy.

jl3549 Platinum

This link has the benefit terms:

Marriott® Elite Member Benefits and Guarantees

The way I read that, it should be $100.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...