10 Replies Latest reply: May 8, 2015 11:34 AM by boldie24 RSS

Marriott Platinum Rewards Guest Services Complaint!

onstandby Platinum 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Platinum Member

This year my travels with Marriott have started off very frustrating, with more than 591 nights and 1.5 million points in 7 years, I noticed that some of my Stays were not being reported by the hotels.  I waited patiently for the 10 day period upon check out to pass and would then contact the Platinum desk.  Each time I spoke to someone, they would tell me to submit a copy of the bill, which I did, I would then follow up, this time with a different agent, and would be told it had been posted...

They took little initiative to actually resolve the problem, I spoke to numerous agents and their operation method is the same, no direct contact number to follow up with the initial agent, instead send documentation to their e-mail account or  USPS to their office in Utah and expect the person  who answered to correctly decipher the notes made by the previous agent who tended the call.  With three stays and 8 nights missing in February my patience grew very thin... I couldn't comprehend why it was so difficult to 1. Speak with the same agent in lieu of having to explain the entire scenario to a new agent 2. Upon receipt of the documentation post the missing nights.

One of the agents mentioned that incoming e-mails only stays in their system for a short period of time and unless they follow through on it immediately, it becomes a never ending battle of calling, submitting and praying that it gets resolved!

I was lucky enough to finally reach a Marriott Rewards Basic Desk Agent, home based out of the San Antonio office, who went above and beyond what 5 previous agents had not done to resolve this matter.  I'd like to now take the time to reward Nina with much praise for her efforts in resolving this matter, because I was on the verge of giving my business to another hotel chain.

I had never had any missing stays prior to this and would like to think it's not a common issue but am curious to hear from other Marriott travelers if they've had to endure this frustration?

Regards,

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Platinum Rewards Guest Services Complaint!
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

First of all take your rewards number off the post immediately.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

There have been some Insiders who have also reported missing stays recently so you are not alone.  I hope our crack expert team of NathalieF, joshm, merb, lindseyh, KatieC are able to get some insight into why this has begun to happen with more regularity.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

I second the removal of your MR number. You'll also need to set a passcode for the telephone line ASAP.

In the meantime, I have to say I had a similar experience to you last year when I had a consistent experience of point-shorting, hotel after hotel, stay after stay. Like you the staff were nice, but it was annoying. Whatever the issue was it seems to have been resolved now and I've suffered no point shorting at all this year. Missing stays are mercifully VERY rare in my 9-year experience, I can't remember the last time that occurred.

It does seem as if Marriott suffers from some sort of glitch periodically which brings up these very annoying series of events, though I prefer to think it's now resolved and won't recur. I hope that is the case for you too!

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

the last time I had this happen . I had received a copy of bill form the hotel and it had their e mail address. Once I knew after three days that something was wrong I hit reply to the hotel and they responded that they would take care of it . It still took a long time but they did fix it

chris0311 Platinum

It is hit or miss whether the points and stays will be correct after a stay. I usually wait ten days, call up customer service, email the representative the bill and everything is immediately fixed. Your best bet is always to bypass the hotel and have the bill handy. I don't even view this as an annoyance anymore. I just consider it a tiny bit of legwork to ensure my account is current.

CariJ Marriott Associate Member

Hey onstandby, how frustrating! I'm sending you a DM to discuss.

smila33 Platinum

It has happened to me too recently, and my free night certificate has disappeared and was not expiring.  I have to gather the info and report.  But so frustrating as I don't have spare time to be monitoring this type of thing.  Very suspicious and not happy about it.

Good luck

paddyscherrer Platinum

This is an ongoing and normal issue. My personal error ratio (BTW, same with IHG) is about 50%, esp. when You also count missing welcome bonus gifts. "Tricks" to completely mess up the marriot system (and chase points afterwards :

1. Never check in after midnight. It says on the bill check in and check out on the same date --> no nights credietd

2. do not combine 2 reservations. (e.g. one from mo.tue and one from tue to wed) You will get only 1 status night. Points seem to be ok.

3. NEver do an early check out before midnight. You will miss a status night

However. after complaining (which I did at least 50 times in the last 5 years) I ALWAYS got my points correctly. So big PLUS for MR here!

boldie24 Platinum 1 Reviews

Hearing these stories of frequent misses of crediting stays/points/bonus points just blows my mind.  I have been traveling 4 nights a week for the last 6 year always with Marriott and am a LT Platinum member.  I can count on one hand the number of issues that I have had in getting proper (and timely) credit for stays/points/etc.  I just don't experience this at all.  Perhaps because I am always staying at full service and Courtyards, I don't know.

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

It happens to me once per year.  This past year happened during a week long stay at the Ritz.  I waited the 10 days then emailed the bill - points finally posted about 5 days later.  My only concern is that I did not receive notification of the posting - if I wasn't  checking to validate it was there I would not have known.

Overall though, I must say that Marriott Rewards does a great job and I have found the Customer Service agents to be top notch!!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...