8 Replies Latest reply: Mar 13, 2015 10:51 AM by brightlybob RSS

How long does it really take for stays to be credited???

apupi Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Since the third quarter last year,I have requested credit for every stay I've made. Each time I've waited 2 weeks+ to request it; and still have to wait even longer after sending proof of my stay...... Any ideas??? 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: How long does it really take for stays to be credited???
    jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

my experience is if you don't see credit within three days you won't unless you go back to the hotel or direct to rewards. Unfortunately  the system wont let you go back to rewards until 10 days

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

steve31266 Platinum

Something's wrong with your account if it you're always having to report uncredited nights. On the other hand, it's a completely computerized system, not sure why it even has to take three days.

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

This might sound obvious but your MR number must be associated with the account for each reservation/stay. Also, the MR number on the reservation must be the person checking in and staying for the night. (Using your number but having a friend or relative actually complete the stay will not work). If indeed you are the person staying, and your MR number is associated with the reservation then I have no idea why you would need to keep requesting the nights. Unless you are using a rate that does not issue nights (TVL or similar code) or they are paid by a third party or something like that throwing a wrench into it. Either way you absolutely should not need to keep asking for them to post.

My own personal opinion is that stays should be reflected in 3 days or less. With all the technology we have this really should not be an issue. The policy says 10 but that seems to be quite generous.

apupi Platinum

Thank you all for providing your inputs...... I have covered all my bases, verified my MR#, actually stayed myself, paid with own CC without using third party, etc.

It's been over 15 days since I uploaded a copy of my check out receipt reflecting zero balance, thus about a month since I checked out.

I called MR prior of the stay in question, they verified that the account was correct and saw no discrepancies in it.

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi apupi! I'd like to welcome you to Marriott Rewards Insiders! I'm very excited to have you join our community, and am glad to see you jumping in with a great question. As you may already noticed, this forum is a great place to share all things travel and Marriott Rewards related. The other Insiders are very well versed on these two topics, and are extremely helpful in answering questions, as well as sharing stories, ideas, tips, and insights. You can also always reach out to myself, joshm , CariJ KatieC or NathalieF with any questions or concerns you have. We make up the moderation team for this site and are always happy to help.

In regards to your post, I can have someone on our team look into your missing credits. Just send me a private message with your Rewards number and contact information, and I can pass it on. Thanks a lot for posting!

doddsy69 Platinum 8 Reviews

i had the same thing happen last year with multiple satys  took me a while to get it sorted still  never got an expalantion as to why it was happeneing good luck

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

How long if ever does it take for you to get the email of your bill?  It seems my nights/points get credited to my account with no issues however, can't remember the last time I got an email of a bill.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

In my experience missing  stays are really unusual. Most credit within a week, and in fact recently its been next day! Points shorting used to be the bane of my Marriott memebrship but that too has improved and ive not suffered any point shorting this Quarter. That's a first in years!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...