9 Replies Latest reply: Mar 9, 2015 1:39 PM by 7 RSS

Road warriors, do you literally dream of travel?

7 Gold 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I'm not on the road all the time like a lot of people, but recently I had a 2 week trip and a 1 week trip back to back with only one night at home in between. Last night, when I finally got home (for at least a few weeks until my next trip), I found myself dreaming that I had just checked into another hotel. It had a killer lounge with some great food.

So, that got me to wondering if people that travel even more than I do find themselves travelling in their dreams. So, have you?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Road warriors, do you literally dream of travel?
    chris0311 Platinum

Great topic! I travel so much that I literally do not have a home. I stay in hotels when I am on vacation and different bases throughout the year. So I am the opposite! Since travelling is my life, my nightmares dreams are of being home, settling down and having a family

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

steve31266 Platinum

Similar to Chris0311, my wife and I live on the road and don't have a permanent residence. But my dreams have always been of adventure and escaping the routine, ever since I was a kid. I've often had nightmares of "stuff" cluttering up around me, like an episode of Hoarders, and it caving in on me and burying me.

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Awesome thread! I'm not a 'road warrior' so this doesn't exactly answer the question, but I've always found it interesting that I only dream about travel when I'm traveling. Sometimes, I'll be dreaming about a different destination, and it lasts for so long, and seems so real (sometime i even arrive back home in the dream) that I'll wake up completely confused about where I am.

Thanks for starting this thread. I'm interested to hear what others have to share!

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I don't dream of travel but on long trips when I have to stay in 3-5 different hotels in different cities I do wake up wondering where I am . I leave a light on in the bathroom so I can acclimate myself where I am .

tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

I often dream the night before a trip of what the next day's going to be like. Drive to airport, check in flight, etc. I try not to travel too early for work because it disrupts my sleep. I wake up all night making sure I didn't oversleep! I prefer to travel afternoon/evening. Sleep on location and be refreshed for work. Exception would be if I have to start on a Monday morning.

Sometimes, I think travel is so much of a focus of work and pleasure, I am a little one dimensional. But, travel can be so rich, I put that away. Ultimately, my goal is to use my work travel to have all leisure travel for me and my family on miles and points. Being a road warrior isn't just hard on me, so they should enjoy any benefits.

(Some of that was a bit off topic-sorry about that.)

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

Yes, and I'm usually traveling in Europe in my dreams for some reason!  This is weird as most of my travel is domestic.  And I get deja vu in cities and/or get mixed up about where I am, where I'm going, and which airline I'm on.  Sometimes I find myself in a Macy's downtown somewhere across the street from a Marriott, and I honestly can't remember what city I'm in.  I was walking around Macy's Metro Center in DC trying to find the skyway on level 2 men's department so I could get back to the Marriott Metro Center across the street, then I realized I was getting my cities mixed up.  It's Minneapolis Marriott City Center that's connected to a Macy's via skyway!  There is no skyway connecting the Marriott and Macy's in DC.  Does this mean all the Marriotts and Macy's look alike and our cities are losing their character?  I think maybe, although it's certainly hard to get DC and Minneapolis mixed up.  DC is so unique among America's great cities!  And don't get me started on seasons.  Going from snow to palm trees and back all month can really confuse me about what season it is. 

chris0311 Platinum

Hahaha yes the seasons! I remember flying from Phoenix to Nebraska 2 years ago late March. I had on a Steelers jersey and shorts. I exited the airport and I don't know which one I noticed first, the snow on the ground or the freezing wind. It felt like the longest walk to the rental cars EVER!

7 Gold 1 Reviews

Yeah, two weeks ago I was trying not to fall in the ice and snow in DC. After I got home this weekend, I actually got sunburned having lunch out on the sidewalk of restaurant.

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

Like others have said, I sometimes dream I'm in a different city than I'm actually in, or I wake up and it takes a minute to register where I am. I never dream of the actual traveling part (airplane or whatever). I'm on the road more than I am home but when I'm on the road I never dream of my home. No idea what that means.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...