12 Replies Latest reply: Mar 9, 2015 11:40 AM by jm1991 RSS

App/Website Discrepancy

Jsucool76 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

So, I was looking at some hotels (in the marriott app) for another upcoming disney trip today, and having just dumped a bunch of points(205k) on a redemption later this month, i knew how many points I had, and it wasnt a lot (~33,000)

I did a double take when i opened the app, and it said I had 93,000 points...so i quickly logged into the website, and it still says 33,000

Why is there a discrepancy between how many points the app says I have, and how many the marriott site says I have?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: App/Website Discrepancy
    kristibgm Platinum

that happens to me alot. especially when I get sent e-mail specials sent to me from Marriott and I click on details about deals and there is TOTALLY different facts on my points/levels... Frusterating.... I UNDERSTAND!! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Jsucool76 Gold

Bordering on unacceptable when marriott can't even tell me how many points I have.

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

Apparently you stole some of mine. I just looked. App says I have 22,000 points. Website says 49,000.

And from inside the app if I click on Account Details it takes me to Marriott.co.uk and I get the 49,000. But close it and go back to the app, 22,000.

I think it's called "Lowest Bidder" when it comes to higher app developers.

doddsy69 Platinum 8 Reviews

My app is the same way out from the site but might I add The marriott app is the most pointless app on the planet ,pardon the pun whoever designed it needs sacked every feature of it is user unfriendly 

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

Except the checkout function. Used that and it's OK.

Jsucool76 Gold

I especially like the way 96% of the buttons are just a link to the marriott website.

doddsy69 Platinum 8 Reviews

Al give you that one john-Thai

jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

I've noticed it does not update the points or nights unless I log out and log back in. I see recent reservations and check in and out function work well though.  This really doesn't bother me since I know what my points are and I can always log out and log in again to update it on the app

nanaglo45 Gold 3 Reviews

That's exactly how it works for me. Unless I sign out and sign back in, the app does not show accurate points.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Hi all - thanks for bringing this to my attention! The points discrepancy should not be happening. I've let the right team here know about this issue.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

I've also experience the Marriott App not showing my updated points unless I log out of the App and back into it.

jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

has anyone left a review for the app itself? i think it would be more effective to leave the review or concerns on the google play store for the app developers.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...