5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 6, 2015 5:21 PM by lindseyh RSS

does this look like points dedution to you ?

doddsy69 Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

i stayed 7 nights in dec  in marriotts coral springs hotel 2 rooms booked one on cash rate the other on a reward after check out the points for the stay credited to my account but the nights stayed did not so i contacted the rewards team and there reply was the stay was not eligible for nights credit as i stayed on reward to which i pointed out i had  a cash stay as well  they said they would fix this but im not sure the nights have been credited cause my totals are not adding up and on the 2oth feb they readjusted my account and deducted points heres a screenshot of the transaction have i been deducted marriott.png

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: does this look like points dedution to you ?
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Sure looks that way to me. Points added, then deducted. I think the hotel may have something to do with this, probably insisting (rightly) that it was a points stay. Call CS again, explain again, refer to reservation numbers for each for both the reward and cash stay. This could take a long time.

Lastly, congrats on your FFI badge!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

7 Platinum 1 Reviews

To me it doesn't look like they are deducting points. It says 0, not -14,216.

I'd guess you got 14,716 points for the cash stay and 0 points for the reward stay.

Jsucool76 Gold

Very weird. Like 7 said, the actual total of the top stay wasn't a negative, it was a 0. Did the points actually come out of your account?

Also, congrats on the badge, and I see you stayed at the castle I stayed there last year. Decent place. Tried to overcharge me for a deal I had through amex for 2 nights get 1 free. And their valet sucked. haha

doddsy69 Platinum 8 Reviews

Yes the points were deducted the problem I face is when I email the rewards team with the screenshot I get a different person every time and there's always a 3 or 4 day wait juscool the castle was nice but a very platinum unfriendly hotel no perks whatsoever I never even got breakfast tthanks all for your input I will keep you updated as to the outcome of this

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hey doddsy69, let me know if you're still having troubles getting through to someone, and I can connect you with the right people. Just shoot me a DM with your contact info and Rewards #, and I'll see to it that you be contacted!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...