12 Replies Latest reply: Mar 4, 2015 8:35 PM by john_thai RSS

Lifetime Platinum Status

adade Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I was reading the discussion about Lifetime Platinum Status, and wondered where I stood, so I searched around and finally clicked on the "nights this year" bar and found it.  As I understand the LPS program, it requires 750 lifetime nights and 2,000,000 points.  My status shows 899 nights and 2,017,012 points.  Do I have to proactively do something to achieve lifetime status, or should it happen automatically (see image below)?Marriott Rewards.jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Lifetime Platinum Status
    razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

I've reached Platinum Lifetime within the last couple of weeks.  My account updated automatically.  I did not have to do anything.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

adade Platinum

Well if I have 899 nights, and I've only done 11 nights since 1/1/2015, that means I ended last year at at 888 nights -- 138 nights more than required for Lifetime Platinum, which probably means I reached LPS in 2013.

vickisocal Platinum

You already have it- that's why it says "Platinum Lifetime Status"

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

if you also have the 2m points

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

sorry see that you do have the 2M points so you should be in

vickisocal Platinum

It doesn't say Lifetime Platinum on the screen where it says it in the original poster's screen shot unless you have it already.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

I suspect your issue here is that although by the end of 2014 you had 888 nights, I suspect your total lifetime points were less than 2 million, which is the second criteria for LTP. Hence at yearend 2014 you werent given LTP. You nonetheless did the nights in 2014 to  requalify for Plat in 2015 so are Plat this year. Your lifetime Plat will be recognised and updated at the end of 2015. Marrriott dosent make a song-and-dance about lifetime qualification!

But if you hadnt requalified in 2015 then your account would now show LTP. Its important to realise that it makes no difference. You're Plat this year and will be Lifetime Plat at the end of the year. It's strange Marriott doesnt make anything of it, but there you are...

adade Platinum

So you only upgrade at the end of a year -- that makes sense.  You'd think they'd at least send me an email or something when that happens.  They do everything else in such a classy way -- seems like they drop the all for their most loyal customers.

Well thanks for the clarification -- I did figure out about probably not having the points at the end of 2014.  This is actually the first time I've ever checked my lifetime standing.

adade Platinum

And I completely missed the "Platinum Lifetime Status" on my screen shot!  DUH!

vickisocal Platinum

adade wrote:

So you only upgrade at the end of a year -- that makes sense.  You'd think they'd at least send me an email or something when that happens.  They do everything else in such a classy way -- seems like they drop the all for their most loyal customers.

Nope. Husband hit lifetime mid-2014 and that screen updated.

tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

Now that I am LTP, I am going to live as long as possible. I want as many free breakfasts from Marriott as possible!

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

Now there's an idea for a special benefit for LT Platinum. Just like airlines say you can use their lounge even if you're not flying that day once you reach a certain status, how about free breakfast at Marriott for all LTP even if you're not staying there? (For some reason I don't think that will be accepted, but it's worth a shot. Right?)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...