3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 9, 2015 8:40 AM by ks77 RSS

Marriott Rewards -- Gift Cards??

shasha55 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I have a $50.00 gift card that I forgot to bring on a recent stay. My bill hasn't settled yet so I called the front desk asking that it be applied. The woman at the desk said, "its like a debit card," "it has to be swiped." I said I use my debit card over the phone all of the time. I also said that I can provide you with the date that I received it with rewards points. She realized that I am not going to take no for an answer that easily -- and told me to call accounting tomorrow to ask for an exception.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Rewards -- Gift Cards??
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Let me know if you need help getting ahold of the right people, shasha55, and I'd be happy to connect you with them.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

donethat Platinum 5 Reviews

My experience with gift cards is they never swipe, they always call in the 800 number on the back and need to input the numbers on the back.  Additionally, if you check out earlier than 7:00 am before the shift change most of the people don't understand how to use the gift cards, so I normally address that issue when I check in. I have had that issue over a dozen times......

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

Sounds like a training issue to me. Possibly NathalieF can forward to the right people.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...