6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 12, 2015 4:38 PM by mkdinh RSS

Udgraded this week From Silver to Gold without earning it??

mkdinh Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Hi everyone!

This is my first post. I checked my account today, because I'm waiting for Marriott to refund my points from a cancelled stay (2 weeks ago). I suddenly discovered that my membership status is now gold and wondering how that happen? I have regularly checked my account the past two weeks, so this change must have been in the past few days. Has anyone experienced this before?

Could it be a mistake when they refunded my points that they upgraded my membership instead? I'm kind of excited to be a gold member as well.

Best Regards

Mi Kim

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Udgraded this week From Silver to Gold without earning it??
    mkdinh Gold

I have to add that I own a timeshare with gold weeks, I don't know if it has anything to do with that?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

30marine Gold 1 Reviews

mkdinh:

Do you have the points to achive Gold Level?

mkdinh Gold

Thanks for the reply!

I only stayed 2 nights this year and I have 1 rollover from last year.

I have 92,000 points in total. I trade my timeshare week for 100,000 points.

joshm Member

Hello mkdinh, and welcome to the Insiders forum!

Similar to what you have done here, and have probably noticed in exploring the page, this site a place of sharing. From recommendations and insights to travel photos and general conversation, the Insiders forum is a network of savvy and helpful travelers that are constantly sharing their experiences with others for the benefit of all. It's a great place!

As you explore the site and everything that it offers, I encourage you to check out our Getting Started Guide. It contains tips and other information you should find helpful in optimizing your experience within the site.

Additionally, don't hesitate to reach out to me (joshm), lindseyh, or KatieC with any questions or concerns you have about anything Rewards, or the site. We make up the community management team for the aite and we're here to help!

Regarding your post, that's awesome! I imagine that was a pretty sweet surprise to see when checking your account. I'm happy to check into this for you if you'd like, just say the word!

Again, welcome to the forum, and we look forward to hearing more from you on the page.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...